Droid Bionic Build.Prop Editor LCD

I

iTz_I3urn

Hello. The Bionic is qHD as we all know and i know you can tweak things such as ring delay,cpu, and version using build prop editor is there a way to change your qHD to a Super Amoled by using build prop editor? (Post what i have to do if you know how to)

deduct

Reaction score
Seriously?? No. this is not possible.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
qHD is a resolution (960x540 pixels) - Super AMOLED is a display technology. A Super AMOLED screen could be qHD, it could be HD, it could be anything.

I think what you are asking is "Can a qHD display be changed to use HD resolution?" - and the answer is "No". A LCD/AMOLED/IPS/<insert other mobile screen tech here> screen uses 1:1 pixel mapping. On a qHD screen, there are 518,400 pixel triads. On an HD screen (1280x720) there are 921,600 pixel triads. A build.prop edit cannot physically add pixels to a display.

Hope this is a better answer than the decidedly unhelpful answer posted above.

deduct, the OP may be asking a serious question. Not everyone understands these things like some of us do. If you cannot give an intelligent, well worded answer; please do not answer at all. It just clutters up the thread and confuses the OP, who already seems confused.

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Anything is Possible... and Deduct leave me alone your a bully

deduct

Reaction score
The reason I answered that way is because the op has clogged the forums with ridiculous questions in the past. And when he does not get an answer, he has started another thread asking the same question in another section. I have ignored him in the past. I will try to ignore. Sorry. Not trying to be rude.

deduct

Reaction score
iTz_I3urn said:

I am not trying to be a bully. I am sorry.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I have to agree with deduct & eye_dea, I have seen the repeated questions from the OP also and i also believe a little research into a topic before you start a thread is recommended.

deduct

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
qHD is a resolution (960x540 pixels) - Super AMOLED is a display technology. A Super AMOLED screen could be qHD, it could be HD, it could be anything.

I think what you are asking is "Can a qHD display be changed to use HD resolution?" - and the answer is "No". A LCD/AMOLED/IPS/<insert other mobile screen tech here> screen uses 1:1 pixel mapping. On a qHD screen, there are 518,400 pixel triads. On an HD screen (1280x720) there are 921,600 pixel triads. A build.prop edit cannot physically add pixels to a display.

Hope this is a better answer than the decidedly unhelpful answer posted above.

deduct, the OP may be asking a serious question. Not everyone understands these things like some of us do. If you cannot give an intelligent, well worded answer; please do not answer at all. It just clutters up the thread and confuses the OP, who already seems confused.

This is a great answer. I did not know much of this. Thanks.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a great answer. I did not know much of this. Thanks.

No problem. And I didn't mean to pick on you about your answer, it's just that DF is known for its helpfulness, and part of that is because we take the time to answer questions, no matter how seemingly trivial, instead of simply saying "use the search function" - and if you've ever TRIED to really narrow down an answer through the search function you understand that sometimes it is like finding a needle in a haystack. The problem with forum searches is you have to know how to properly format a search query to begin with.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
One more thing, and this is directed at the OP (iTz_I3urn).

I just checked out some of your posts, and I do agree that you need to stop cross-posting the same question (posting in multiple subforums) - you generally won't get an answer any quicker, and it does tend to annoy people. It is actually considered bad forum etiquette. For one thing, every post takes up a small amount of space on the server.

And some of your questions cross the line as far as what is allowed on the forum. You have made posts in the past regarding app piracy and that is not allowed here, period.

I am not trying to pick on you, either. Simply giving you some pointers to keep your stay at Droidforums as pleasant as possible (and to keep yourself from earning a ban).

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

In this case, the only way it would be possible is if you were able to physically replace the screen with a higher resolution screen, AND write the proper driver code to interface with it. In other words, it MIGHT be possible - but not really for anyone outside of Motorola.

And truthfully, I wasn't implying that deduct is a bully - just that the response didn't answer your question with enough detail to clear up your confusion.

deduct

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
No problem. And I didn't mean to pick on you about your answer, it's just that DF is known for its helpfulness, and part of that is because we take the time to answer questions, no matter how seemingly trivial, instead of simply saying "use the search function" - and if you've ever TRIED to really narrow down an answer through the search function you understand that sometimes it is like finding a needle in a haystack. The problem with forum searches is you have to know how to properly format a search query to begin with.

I can understand that. I have spent a lot time myself searching for things thru the different threads and it can get annoying. I am just happy to have the brains of guys and gals to pick when there is something I need to know. Or, especially when I have screwed something up and need help undoing it. There is always something new to be learned. Its good to know there are alot of other "nerds" out there who love their phones as much as I love mine.