Droid better than Droid X ??????

ranterbul

Reaction score
My wife went into the Verizon store today to pay our bill for the year and was talking to the tech there and brought up the fact that I was anxiously waiting for the Droid X to come out in July. He told her that I should not waste my time. He said I should get the original Droid instead. he said something about the operating system is no good and that it overlaps??? He said you cant do as much as you can with the Droid. and that a lot of the apps will not work with the X. This clearly goes against everything I have seen and read about the X. Is this guy crazy and just trying to push the original Droid. Please help, I'm running out of high blood pressure pills. THANKS. :icon_cussing:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No that guy is a total [Edited by FoxKat for content]. X>Droid when it comes out, it just may take a little while to get root.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

ranterbul

Reaction score
No that guy is a total [Edited by FoxKat for content]. X>Droid when it comes out, it just may take a little while to get root.

I'm not really interested in rooting my phone I don't have a lot experience in those things. Is that the only way the X will be better??

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah he's crazy : )

The X will surely deliver the goods.

The Moto Droid is no slouch though. Obviously you can do more with the Droid because the dev community is behind it but for him to say those things about the X is just ludicrous.

Make your choice after July 15th when you get some hands on experience with the X. The Droid may in fact be a better choice for YOU or it may not.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keyboard, very large/solid hacking community= Droid
Latest and greatest, huge screen, Motorola's New UI, best processor out now = Droid X

dwagner88

Reaction score
Do some research and decide for yourself. It should become very obvious which phone is the better device. It sounds like the guy you talked to was just trying to make an immediate sale. You should probably avoid this rep in the future. Go with somebody more willing to be honest, even if it means delaying a sale.

OP
R

ranterbul

Reaction score

The Moto Droid is no slouch though. Obviously you can do more with the Droid because the dev community is behind it but for him to say those things about the X is just ludicrous.

Make your choice after July 15th when you get some hands on experience with the X. The Droid may in fact be a better choice for YOU or it may not.

How can the dev community be behind the Droid more than the X?? They use the same operating system right? I dont understand. Is there something I can read to learn more about what you are talking about. I dont wish to waste your time but I do want to learn so I can make the best decision in July.

Yodes

Reaction score
I think what he most likely meant by the OS and such is probably issues with motoblur. Probably under the impression that it runs the devour version if blur. If that were the case, then.i would say regardless of specs, yeah the droid is better than the x because that old blur is horrendous

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
R

ranterbul

Reaction score
Keyboard, very large/solid hacking community= Droid
Latest and greatest, huge screen, Motorola's New UI, best processor out now = Droid X

That helps to put into perspective, THANKS.

OP
R

ranterbul

Reaction score
I think what he most likely meant by the OS and such is probably issues with motoblur. Probably under the impression that it runs the devour version if blur. If that were the case, then.i would say regardless of specs, yeah the droid is better than the x because that old blur is horrendous

With all the X's out now shouldn't we know what version it is by now??

Yodes

Reaction score

How can the dev community be behind the Droid more than the X?? They use the same operating system right? I dont understand. Is there something I can read to learn more about what you are talking about. I dont wish to waste your time but I do want to learn so I can make the best decision in July.

Rooting methods vary from phone to phone. Not only that custom roms will not work from phone to phone. They have to be optimized for each phone. Yes they run the same os but the droid has one of the largest modding/hacking communities around. That's not saying the X can't get to that point but the droid has a good 8 month lead on the X in terms of development.

Yodes

Reaction score

With all the X's out now shouldn't we know what version it is by now??

We do know what version of blur it is. It is a sleeker more refined and elegant form of blur. Te devours form of blur was clunky, slow, and ugly in my opinion. This new version is a lot nicer.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Youtube Droid X review, it shows the UI in depth.

OP
R

ranterbul

Reaction score
Thank you YODES and everyone else for your help!!!

thacrownprince

Reaction score

I'm not really interested in rooting my phone I don't have a lot experience in those things. Is that the only way the X will be better??

If the Droid and Droid X are both not rooted, then the Droid X will be a lot better as far as processing and power. 1 GHZ processor vs. 550 MHZ processor. 8 vs. 5 MP Camera. The Droid X does 720P HD video recording. However, the Droid can be overclocked to 1 GHZ and you can install custom ROMs since the Droid has already been rooted, also the Droid has a physical keyboard and a great community behind it. It might be awhile until the Droid X gets rooted or maybe it could be very fast. Once the Droid X gets rooted, then you should be able to overclock it and install custom ROMs on it as well. Hope that helps.