Droid Battery life?

Litrekid

Reaction score
I take mine off the doc in the morning and start listening to iheart at 6am then about 10am pandora and maybe some web browsing in there. 30-40 min or so and a few texts. By 11am Im at 30%.

Over the weekend it doesnt get much use at all and by the end of the day I might be at 60%.

naman919

Reaction score
So you get the same amount of battery life with constant 3g. That's what i would expect when using a data intensive set of apps constantly. I'm bummed that my phone acts this way with nothing running.

I guess i'll call tech support and see what they say. I hate going into the verizon store. It was a PITA just to get a replacement battery last week. ugh.

Litrekid

Reaction score
They will probably make you do a hard reset before they will do anything.

briand515

Reaction score
I was a bit worried about my battery life when I got my Droid but now that I've had it about 10 days it seems about normal I suppose, with moderate use (couple 5 min calls, 1.5 hr web browsing, 1 hr pandora, 1 hr music, couple youtube videos, 30-45 min snesoid, couple texts, ebuddy im 30 min) I'm typically at 20% after about 10 or so hours unplugged. I do have some widgets on my home screens (facebook, weather, music player, pandora). The phone has been generally getting me through the day with a bit of battery leftover so I'm guessing that is very acceptable for a smartphone.

sehaitt

Reaction score
I noticed that having an alarm set on your phone drains the battery. For example, I had my droid sitting on my computer desk for around 3+ days, the battery saying over 3/4 charged. I set an alarm clock earlier today to wake me up in the morning, and just now before I went to bed, I noticed the light flashing red. Look at it, battery almost depleted. Was sitting with the screen on sleep only for a few hours. Wonder if this may be causing others' batteries to drain faster.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
A simpler explanation for this is that your battery meter was stuck. I've had it happen numerous times when I thought I had more.

I noticed that having an alarm set on your phone drains the battery. For example, I had my droid sitting on my computer desk for around 3+ days, the battery saying over 3/4 charged. I set an alarm clock earlier today to wake me up in the morning, and just now before I went to bed, I noticed the light flashing red. Look at it, battery almost depleted. Was sitting with the screen on sleep only for a few hours. Wonder if this may be causing others' batteries to drain faster.

bigthinker

Reaction score
It will drain fairly quickly unless you are managing tasks and apps. I keep mine plugged in alot. Something about it getting below half full of battery life i guess....A little like letting the tank of gas on the car get below 1/4....I just don't like the feeling.:)

naman919

Reaction score
They will probably make you do a hard reset before they will do anything.

Ha. Hoping that was sarcasm b/c i typically reset it once a day, not really gonna affect anything besides killing apps. I regulate my apps running anyway with ATK.

I was a bit worried about my battery life when I got my Droid but now that I've had it about 10 days it seems about normal I suppose, with moderate use (couple 5 min calls, 1.5 hr web browsing, 1 hr pandora, 1 hr music, couple youtube videos, 30-45 min snesoid, couple texts, ebuddy im 30 min) I'm typically at 20% after about 10 or so hours unplugged. I do have some widgets on my home screens (facebook, weather, music player, pandora). The phone has been generally getting me through the day with a bit of battery leftover so I'm guessing that is very acceptable for a smartphone.

THAT is what i'm talking about. That is how my BB's have responded to usage like that. Like is said before, with a few texts and maybe 30-45 min of web browsing, my battery is dead in 7-8 hours max.

battery life isn't bad at all. love this phone

It's settled. I'm calling tech support and then going into the store.

I've found they'll put a phone on hold for you at a local store you specify. Since i'm within 30 days this will let me bypass the horrible CS reps at the store. Already swapped batteries and that was a PITA. Just going for a new unit now.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I got perfect battery out of mines but recently I have been getting crappy battery lately but I dunno if its just me looking at the meter or not lol
But today it seems pretty good though. But then again I charge when im sleeping/incar/at desk at work.
I rarely have a moment when I won't have the charger.

Bump.

Thanks for your input but i'm interested in how long people are getting out of a single charge. See my post above this last one please!

Can someone else please make a recommendation? I need some input here.

I hate to repost what i just said or start yet ANOTHER battery life thread.
Last night I went from 100 to 15% 7hours I left from work at 5 and I went to bed at 12 and most of that was just idling with meebo (2 accounts) meebo wifi off and twidroid and light texting

naman919

Reaction score
Last night I went from 100 to 15% 7hours I left from work at 5 and I went to bed at 12 and most of that was just idling with meebo (2 accounts) meebo wifi off and twidroid and light texting

that sucks! so yours is terrible too?

I have a build week of 41/09 and a battery build date of 20090821. What about you?

For getting mine on 12/16, it seems i got one of the first builds. I heard of week 45 builds by the end of november that were floating around.

Edit: New one coming on Thursday. *Fingers Crossed* that it works as well as the others.

Last edited: