Droid battery dying waaay too quickly now! Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pennypritty1, Mar 24, 2010.

1. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery (after I recharge it to 100%) immediately starts dropping juice only after 10 minutes of use and once it hits 80%, it goes down quickly... I usually end up having to turn the phone completely off, not use it to have usability until I'm able to recharge it.

Is anyone else having issues w/their droid battery usage? I carry my charger w/me everywhere but I can't always find a place to plug in. I don't overcharge my battery nor do I leave it plugged in just to plug it in... I'm thinking now I'll have to buy & carry a second battery now for those moments I can't plug in.

Xample: today I'm in a courthouse for jury summons & I wanna watch videos while I'm waiting. I've been here an hour and I'm already down to 70%... & I haven't even watched one yet!

I mean come on! Yesterday the guy in front of me was killin' up on his iphone the whole day in the juror room & I had to turn mine off halfway thru a disney movie!!

Are they producing a better droid battery? Anybody know??

2. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I think people are going to want to know what is using your battery the most. Go to Settings-->About Phone-->Battery Use.

Mine: 54% display, 21% Cell Standby, 12% Phone Idle, 5% Google Voice (my SMS), 5% Android System.

My battery easily lasts all day. By the end of the day I'm at 50% with moderate texting/browsing. I do have a charger at work now (as well as for car) so I'm almost always at 100%. I leave my phone plugged in all night as well.

I've texted/browsed/youtubed for 3 hours before and still had 70% battery.

3. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My guess is that you have some app somewhere eating your battery. Do the battery use thing and post your results.

4. rap4974

rap4974 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do these batteries have a memory? Should we be allowing them to drain down before a recharge or does that not matter any more?

5. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou, bigmcguire... I should've looked there first & you're right... turns out beautiful widgets is killing up juice on my droid. Here are my readings:

Beautiful widget: 43%, display: 27%, browser: 14%, voice calls: 7%, androis system: 5%, cell standby: 2%

I didn't realize BW used so much. It just sits on my third window. I will have to do something about this now. Thanks again.

6. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No these batteries don't have a memory, but I still think its a good idea to run it down on occasion.

7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    No memory.

8. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Well I usually have to charge my battery every day. I'm addicted to this damn phone though. I do internal IT so when all the sales people leave for the majority of the day there are cases where I have major downtime and I'm glued to the phone the whole time.

Just to give you an idea of my recent activity; I've been hooked on Raging Thunder 2 (...and Virtual Table Tennis) and because of all the lights beaming down on me at work, I normally am at +1 or +2 brightness, but at home I use default. I text off and on the whole day, occasionally talk for 30 minutes to an hour every other day, browse the net like crazy, and download a lot of stuff (bill usually shows about 2GB or more). Lastly I will usually go on a music listening or YouTube watching binge at some point, so all in all I figure my battery holds up rather well. :)

9. jsroberts

jsroberts New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Penny, what that means is that Beautiful Widgets is using GPS way too often. I'd go to options and either disable geolocation or switch to 4 or 8 hours. Make sure you have a zip code or city name to default too.

10. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, I'm running BW and it never uses more than 3%. I'm not sure how to fix it except maybe uninstalling it and reinstalling it again and see if that changes it's usage.

11. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0

LOL, yep probably a better choice than reinstalling it.

12. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *sigh* seriously I LOVE this forum. Ya'll are quick w/info and help! Lol! Thank you all.

@jsroberts, I mustve clicked something by mistake becuz I've had BW a long time & it never even showed up on battery use before. I will go thru the settings tho & try adjusting it.

I don't use the BW gps ... didn't know it was even part of it, so if it is active, I will shut it down. Once agaain, thanks, everyone!! :)

13. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wooow! You use your droid well, sweettooth! :)

14. Brokn68

Brokn68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It can use the GPS to determine your location for the weather.

15. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If you are using Beautiful Home, then that's where the GPS is involved.

Search tags for this page
android battery keeps dying
droid battery keeps dying
my android battery keeps dying
my android phone battery keeps dying

my phone battery keeps dying

phone battery keeps dying
why does my android battery keep dying
why does my battery keep dying on my android

why does my droid x2 battery keep dying

why does my phone battery keep dying