Droid battery drains while turned off...wtf?!?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm a bit freaked right now. I know its not the hacking section but I thought I might get it out of the way that I'm running ss 4.7, the rom by chevy with the 1.2 ulv kernel. Not sure if that's part of the problem??
Or maybe it is..not sure. Anyway after I fully charge my droid to 100% I turn it off for the night and then the next day I turn the supposidly fully charged phone on and the battery is down to like 60%!!! What the hell is wrong with my phone?? 0.O lol this happened like two days in a row now.
Please I'm begging for anybody on the droidforums to give me their feedback on why this might be happening. I've heard of issues like these before but its the first tikme its happening to me. Thanks for reading and thanks for the help. :)

crspang

Reaction score
Powering down or just turning the screen off? Why not just leave it plugged in all night? How's the signal strength?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Powering down or just turning the screen off? Why not just leave it plugged in all night? How's the signal strength?
I mean actually powering it completely down. I wish I could leave it on all night but my battery life is pretty mediocre since I've been rooted. The signal strength varies where I am like it should but since the phone was turn off I doubt it's the issue.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean actually powering it completely down. I wish I could leave it on all night but my battery life is pretty mediocre since I've been rooted. The signal strength varies where I am like it should but since the phone was turn off I doubt it's the issue.

Any chance you're trying to dl the update overnight? Seems strange to loose power with the phone off......

You might want to try fully charging the battery and remove it from the phone overnight. Reinstall in the AM and see waht you have left as a charge. Might be the battery itself.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some type of "spy" software loaded on it.

If it does it after you tried what wricks has recommended and the battery tests "good" you may want to do a complete wipe on your phone.

Lauren Weinstein's Blog: How To Tell If Your Cell Phone Is Bugged

FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool - CNET News

YouTube - CELL PHONE (FBI can listen to you when phone is turned off)
jumping jelly beans I hope not. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

ibebyi

Reaction score

If it does it after you tried what wricks has recommended and the battery tests "good" you may want to do a complete wipe on your phone.

I hope not. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

That really is pretty terrifying.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8

I don't want to sound too paranoid about it. but to quote Laurens blog.

"The odds of most people being targeted for bugging are quite small. But it's always better to know the technical realities. Don't be paranoid, but be careful."

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

I don't want to sound too paranoid about it. but to quote Laurens blog.

"The odds of most people being targeted for bugging are quite small. But it's always better to know the technical realities. Don't be paranoid, but be careful."
thanks for the comfort dude. :) LOL

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
If the worse case is I need a new battery then I'm not really freaked out. I was thinking bout going for the extended droid 2 battery but not 100% sure yet about using it with setcpu but it's gotten good feedback.

ricks

Reaction score
Sometimes my battery will drop for no reason over night with it completely off. Motorola gave me a new battery and it still happens once in a while. No one would believe me that my battery would die 40-50% over night.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Sometimes my battery will drop for no reason over night with it completely off. Motorola gave me a new battery and it still happens once in a while. No one would believe me that my battery would die 40-50% over night.

Maybe both are phones have been rigged. :O in all seriousness though I'm charging my phone now after draining it down to 5%. when it'd charged I will take the phone off, turn it off then remove the battery for a minute or so and then report back.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Well I did my little test. After removing the battery on my fully charged phone and placing it back in, the phone is fully chargeda after powering it back on. Hopefully it will be like that the next time its fully charged without having to first take out the battery. Not sure what the problem was/or hopefully is not anymore.. I'll report back again to confirm, if anybody cares. Hah

Sleeve

Reaction score
Why do you take your fully charged phone off the charger? Why not just leave it on the charger all night until you need to use your phone? Among other things, when you power your phone back on, all your net-aware apps go into a panic data out of date mode that sucks on your 3G connection pretty hard. You could be keeping that info up to date on AC power.

I've done exactly this since I got my Droid, and I have battery performance that matches my expectations based on using smartphones for years. I charge every night, I leave it on the dock all night, and if I beat the crap out of it, I can expect a battery warning around 8pm. If not, I'm docking it with 60% remaining at midnight.