1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid battery drains while turned off...wtf?!?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TuBitMittens, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I'm a bit freaked right now. I know its not the hacking section but I thought I might get it out of the way that I'm running ss 4.7, the rom by chevy with the 1.2 ulv kernel. Not sure if that's part of the problem??
    Or maybe it is..not sure. Anyway after I fully charge my droid to 100% I turn it off for the night and then the next day I turn the supposidly fully charged phone on and the battery is down to like 60%!!! What the hell is wrong with my phone?? 0.O lol this happened like two days in a row now.
    Please I'm begging for anybody on the droidforums to give me their feedback on why this might be happening. I've heard of issues like these before but its the first tikme its happening to me. Thanks for reading and thanks for the help. :)
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

Powering down or just turning the screen off? Why not just leave it plugged in all night? How's the signal strength?
  3. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I mean actually powering it completely down. I wish I could leave it on all night but my battery life is pretty mediocre since I've been rooted. The signal strength varies where I am like it should but since the phone was turn off I doubt it's the issue.
  4. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

Any chance you're trying to dl the update overnight? Seems strange to loose power with the phone off......

You might want to try fully charging the battery and remove it from the phone overnight. Reinstall in the AM and see waht you have left as a charge. Might be the battery itself.
  5. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Member

6. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

jumping jelly beans I hope not. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:
  7. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

thanks for the feedback so far though, guys.
  8. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

That really is pretty terrifying.
  9. DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin Member

I don't want to sound too paranoid about it. but to quote Laurens blog.

"The odds of most people being targeted for bugging are quite small. But it's always better to know the technical realities. Don't be paranoid, but be careful."
  10. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

thanks for the comfort dude. :) LOL
  11. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

If the worse case is I need a new battery then I'm not really freaked out. I was thinking bout going for the extended droid 2 battery but not 100% sure yet about using it with setcpu but it's gotten good feedback.
  12. ricks

ricks Member

Sometimes my battery will drop for no reason over night with it completely off. Motorola gave me a new battery and it still happens once in a while. No one would believe me that my battery would die 40-50% over night.
  13. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Maybe both are phones have been rigged. :O in all seriousness though I'm charging my phone now after draining it down to 5%. when it'd charged I will take the phone off, turn it off then remove the battery for a minute or so and then report back.
  14. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Well I did my little test. After removing the battery on my fully charged phone and placing it back in, the phone is fully chargeda after powering it back on. Hopefully it will be like that the next time its fully charged without having to first take out the battery. Not sure what the problem was/or hopefully is not anymore.. I'll report back again to confirm, if anybody cares. Hah
  15. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Why do you take your fully charged phone off the charger? Why not just leave it on the charger all night until you need to use your phone? Among other things, when you power your phone back on, all your net-aware apps go into a panic data out of date mode that sucks on your 3G connection pretty hard. You could be keeping that info up to date on AC power.

I've done exactly this since I got my Droid, and I have battery performance that matches my expectations based on using smartphones for years. I charge every night, I leave it on the dock all night, and if I beat the crap out of it, I can expect a battery warning around 8pm. If not, I'm docking it with 60% remaining at midnight.
  16. LT*

LT* New Member

I never turn off my Droid. I reboot it every couple of days, but other than that, it is powered on. I agree with most here that you should just leave it on the charger overnight. This isn't like a dumb phone, there are processes that will run and data that will sync at all times. Leaving it on the charger at night will assure a full battery when you need it in the morning.
  17. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

Maybe people are thinking you can over-charge the battery? Or that the phone needs a break from being on?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  18. droidXpert

droidXpert New Member

Definitely a defective battery.
  19. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Idk, I feel it might be better for the phone. Often I do just let it sit on the charger overnight but for some reason got into the habbit of turning it off for a few mins after charged but I guess you are right maybe I should just leave it it on. But I've been so concerned with battery ro begin with I've figured Id get a better reading out of usage from startup but maybe wouldn't makke a difference. My battery usage isn't beijg read correct anyway. It no longer shows percentage for all apps. Anyone know why this might be?
    Anyway I think the draining problem is gone now.
  20. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Sorry for spelling n grammar typing from my phone. The phone draining while of cuda just been a bug from the rom I was using
Search tags for this page

android battery drain while off

android battery drains when turn off on
battery draining when switched off android

droid battery drains when turned off

samsung battery discharged while phone is turned off
samsung battery drains while phone is off
samsung battery drains while phone is shut off
samsung fascinate battery drain while off

why does my motorolla droid biomic battery drain when the ph