Droid Battery Drain

droid8675309

Reaction score
I recently received a message on my droid saying it was low on memory so I went into the apps section and dumped a bunch of memory. I also moved a bunch of apps to my SD card. Beginning the next day, my droid's battery drains within 4-hours even without use. I even bought a new battery and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You can find out whats been using the battery by hitting menu/settings/about phone/battery use.

BTW, :welcome: to the forum.

OP
D

droid8675309

Reaction score
I did that already and was not too impressed with what it showed. Not much that I can do to change it.

Thanks for the welcome.

OP
D

droid8675309

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but the battery area of the phone is always very hot (since this started happening) even if the phone is not being use and not plugged in.

OP
D

droid8675309

Reaction score
Yes, have had one for about a year.

This is killing me, my battery won't even last 4-hours without use and it is a brand new battery.

Is there some way to restore my system to the way it was last week line on a computer?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would do a factory restore. This will wipe the phone so you can start anew.

Your apps and contacts will restore, but you will lose texts.

bhasden

Reaction score
Same Thing

I ran into the same thing with my Optimus V. I moved all sorts of thing over to my SD card and then the battery started draining to the tune of about 10% an hour when in standby mode. I reflashed the ROM and then was less aggressive in moving things over and the battery has been stable. I'm guessing that this has something to do with some apps or something that are running as services that I moved to the SD card. As a result, maybe the phone couldn't move that circuitry to sleep and/or had to keep it constantly powered up to keep the services running? Anyway, that fixed my problem. My wife's phone had the same issue and all I had to do was move some of the apps from the SD card back to the phone (Beautiful Widgets, GMail, stuff like that). Hope this helps.