Droid Battery and Temperature observations

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Vulcan1600, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ever since I rooted my Droid I've been carefully watching and wondering about my battery and the temperature.

Today at work I had my Droid on the charger. I wanted to try different things to see what could be triggering the battery temperature to go up and down. Overall my observation was while the phone was running any live wallpapers while on the charger the battery temperature was about 117F. When I removed a live wallpaper and put on one like the Golden Gate Bridge, the temperature was down to about 106F. With the phone off the charger but using a live wallpaper, the temperature was about 103F-104F, and in the high 80s or low 90sF with a stock wallpaper.

So my observation is that live wallpapers are making my Droid run hotter. I wonder if anyone else has been observing things like this.

What is a safe temperature or when should I be alarmed?

Also, my battery takes literally hours to charge now. Did I kill my battery already? I only got it in November. Is the OC at 800mhz killing it?

What other observations are you all noticing?
  2. CoyG

CoyG New Member

that is weird. I'm running a live wallpaper and I'm over clocked at 1.2ghz and my battery is at 86° f. also I've noticed that my phone charges extremely fast and lately my battery life has been spectacular and i use the browser often.
  3. corydunbar

corydunbar New Member

it sounds like what you need to do is get a new kernel. if you jump over to Alldroid.org you can grab AdamZ's kernel that is making my Droid absolute bliss. Plus SmokedGlass v5.0.1 is now available, i'd recommend checking that out as well.
  4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Cory, what you recommended is exactly what I'm using :) I installed it on Saturday night. I didn't mention the ROM I was using because I had it in my signature line. I just got off the phone with VZW and they're sending me out a new battery at no charge. I think this one is toast..
Search tags for this page
battery pa temperature

battery pa temperatute

pa temperature battery
temprature wallpaper wirh temprature battery