Droid Batteries

Icemann07

Reaction score
I own the Moto Droid and want to know what android phone in the Verizon line up gets the best battery life. My Droid battery life sucks I can't get a day out of the beast with charging it. Thanks!

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
Most tests and user comments I've read seem to indicate that the Droid X gets the best battery life.

IanG

Reaction score
I own the Moto Droid and want to know what android phone in the Verizon line up gets the best battery life. My Droid battery life sucks I can't get a day out of the beast with charging it. Thanks!

Have you tried purchasing a new battery? They're very cheap.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Check your Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Usage to see what is using most of your battery life. Dimming the brightness usually helps. Getting rid of any AnitVirus and/or Task Killers if you are using them helps a lot as well. If you use your phone heavily most smartphones will need to be charged every day.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check your Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Usage to see what is using most of your battery life. Dimming the brightness usually helps. Getting rid of any AnitVirus and/or Task Killers if you are using them helps a lot as well. If you use your phone heavily most smartphones will need to be charged every day.

Agree. All those things will help extend the battery life. What I did was order and install the D2 extended battery (BP7X) from Verizon. Have yet to go below 30% at the end of the day with heavy usage.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12308

Currently out of stock, but worth the price if you can find one.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely figure out what's causing your battery life issues. Simply relying on the device to improve battery life isn't the best approach. You particular usage has the biggest impact.