Droid automatically texting people

Buddnikk

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know its a smartphone but I didn't realize how smart it was, the last 2 days the phone has taken it upon itself to text my girlfriend in the morning. I hadn't touched the phone until I got a text from her. Today I started thinking it may be SKYNET coming online... Anyone know of any issues with this? I have searched and can't seem to find any fixes.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Is the phone charging when this happens? There have been several reports of Droids gone crazy when plugged into after market chargers.

kpiskin

Reaction score
"Droids gone Crazy" might be a video worth ordering lol.

OP
B

Buddnikk

Reaction score
Is the phone charging when this happens? There have been several reports of Droids gone crazy when plugged into after market chargers.
It was plugged into the charger but it was the original OEM charger that comes with the phone. I know the touch keyboard flips out when its charging but last night it had been plugged into the charger all night without any issue and then it sent the text about 7:30am a good 8 hours after I plugged it in and went to bed.

Winteryfresh

Reaction score
i had this problem when i tried the new froyo leak. google took it apon itself to update my phone with every text ive ever sent, and then my phone thought that i hadnt sent them yet and re-sent every single one of them before i realized it (i was at work). it was rediculous, and my friends were very confused.

it sucked because i broke up with my GF a few months ago and it sent all the nice pre-phone call arguments to her again, i doubt she was happy. luckily i couldnt care less =P

chromashadows

Reaction score
it sucked because i broke up with my GF a few months ago and it sent all the nice pre-phone call arguments to her again, i doubt she was happy. luckily i couldnt care less =P

oh my GOD.
I'm SO sorry, but I just busted up lol....... yup, I'm a female but oh MY. That had to be the most hysterical thing I have ever read. Just picturing your pals faces getting months old texts - but then the EX.

*howls with laughter*

Benjr061

Reaction score
I had this problem in 2.1 with Handcent SMS. Whenever I sent a text, in Handcent, you'd see the animation that its sending a text, but it'd never stop that animation. The person I was sending the text to would get the text but the animation persisted. A few hours later, usually when I put it on the charger, then handcent would resend the text and the animation would stop.

I removed handcent. No problems since then.

madspeed

Reaction score
ha, good timing...my wife texted me this morning and asked me what i was talking about. Phone texted her this morning too!!!

I'm using the sms unread count app BTW