droid assist how make it work consistently and have it auto respond silently

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Got a message pop up that said look at new assist features but I don't see anything new. I also can't find a way to have it auto reply without having it auto announce who texted. There is no silent auto reply while driving that I can find.

doogald

Reaction score
Got a message pop up that said look at new assist features but I don't see anything new. I also can't find a way to have it auto reply without having it auto announce who texted. There is no silent auto reply while driving that I can find.

It added the ability to automatically start driving mode when connected to Bluetooth devices (it learns which you use as you drive) so you start driving mode as soon as you connect with you car, for example. You can now also do texting completely hands-free. It will offer to read a text to you. If you listen, you can speak a reply. There is also a setting (called "Quick Reply") to automatically reply with a message of your choice.

Start assist, touch driving, touch the arrow pointing right next to "talk to me" to see the options. Tap the menu control at the top then settings. There is a settings icon next to "Driving" (just to left of the checkbox) and from there you can set it to look for Bluetooth devices.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have it set to auto respond but it almost never does but reads the texts and announces names. The auto responder is buggy. I also want the option to have it auto respond silently without announcing it reading texts which can be anoying

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It also has problems resuming play when entering driving mode. Previous version didn't have as many options but worked a lot smoother.