Droid as Wireless Headphones

mlo0352

Reaction score
Hey, I was sitting in my room watching a show on my computer and using my wireless headphones to listen to it, when they died (battery ran out).

I then thought "hey! I have a badass phone, what can I do with it!?"

So, I looked around and found nothing to do what I wanted to do:

I would like to find a way to stream audio (not music, but actual audio like what would come from the speakers) to my phone via wifi or whatever.

I was thinking that that would be cool, and i could plug headphones into the phone and those could serve as a cool wireless headphone set while my other one charged (or for somebody who doesn't have wireless headphones...)

What do you guys think?

Anybody managed to do this?

P.S. love my droid! dancedroid

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Woah

Dude, that is exactly what I was thinking of. Well I'm sure somebody's going to port it. I seriously need to learn how to make apps, lol.

The way android works, maybe we'll get some kind of ipod emulation layer lol

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Hey, while we're looking at this, is there an app that allows me to have music on my computer streamed to my phone over 3g? Not exactly practical, but still...

pinesal

Reaction score
Hey, while we're looking at this, is there an app that allows me to have music on my computer streamed to my phone over 3g? Not exactly practical, but still...

Why is that not practical when Lastfm, Pandora etc do it from their server.

Gmote streams mp3s to your phone from your computer. Not sure if it works over 3G though.

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Well I guess you're right, but I'm betting that their MP3s use a much lower bitrate and probably have some other type of compression...

Arekku

Reaction score

Not exactly streaming, but drop box allows you to drop audio files in it and d/l them using ur phones dropbox app.

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Yeah, iive used that for docs and stuff, but its not gonna be able to handle over a hundred gigs of music, lol.

Thx tho

Reaction score
Website
xlontech.net
Current Phone Model
Iphone X
Hey, I was sitting in my room watching a show on my computer and using my wireless headphones to listen to it, when they died (battery ran out).

I then thought "hey! I have a badass phone, what can I do with it!?"

So, I looked around and found nothing to do what I wanted to do:

I would like to find a way to stream audio (not music, but actual audio like what would come from the speakers) to my phone via wifi or whatever.

I was thinking that that would be cool, and i could plug headphones into the phone and those could serve as a cool wireless headphone for small ears set while my other one charged (or for somebody who doesn't have wireless headphones...)

What do you guys think?

Anybody managed to do this?

P.S. love my droid! dancedroid
MX10 wireless headphones are perfect for people with small ears due to their extreme comfort. The design of this headphone is for people who love training while listening to music. Their precise fit gives you a stress-free training session.