Droid as a music player

cosmonaut

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the Droid was for it's music player. I can't afford to miss calls when I am at the gym but love my Ipod classic. I don't want to wear a phone and player at the same time. So as with any new device. When I loaded my music some of the songs seemed to get scattered about and unorganized. Is there a simple tool I can use that will make it easier to organize my music? I hate having to rename files, But I am looking at only 40 or 50 songs out of hundreds.
Also so far I am thrilled with the Droid.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
How is it that you're looking to organize them? If your tracks have the id3 tags filled in, the Droid will organize them by album/artist/genre/track title. What else are you looking for?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If it's a case of having 13 different listings for one artist, ie you've got Johhny Cash, Johnny Cash ft. Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash ft. Michael Jackson [yeah..why not? It's just an example], you might try the app called ASTRO file manager. You can use it to move files around and group them in folders that may make your music player a bit more organized.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Thanks. I like to have them organized by artist. Some of my pink floyd somehow got listed as unknown artist. Even though it is a factory disk, not a downloaded file. I originally loaded it on my computer with 8tunes. Where is the question mark on this droid......lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks. I like to have them organized by artist. Some of my pink floyd somehow got listed as unknown artist. Even though it is a factory disk, not a downloaded file. I originally loaded it on my computer with 8tunes. Where is the question mark on this droid......lol

I do too. If the Q mark is for help, you've found Droid's!

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
I do undertstand the thing with spelling the artist name correctly I just wish I had some software that would sync and make it easy

OyVOid

Reaction score
I use my Droid to listen to music everyday. I LOVE it. So, I use iMusic to do all my downloading. Endless choices. Currently I have over 300 songs, but what bugged me was I had to waste time searching for a song that I wanted to start the playlist with. The solution for me was using the Music widget. You go the 3rd home screen, hold it until you see the selection box, pick widget, and you will see Music. Click on that and it will place it on your home screen. It organizes your music by songs, albums, playlist, etc.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
download iTag its great you can download album art, and rename your ID3 tags all via the DROID.

-=Jason=-

Scribble

Reaction score
My favorite program for organizing music, and syncing it to a phone is Mediamonkey.

It's kind of like the media player version of the droid... Customizable, and not sucky like itunes.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
My favorite program for organizing music, and syncing it to a phone is Mediamonkey.

It's kind of like the media player version of the droid... Customizable, and not sucky like itunes.

Ditto. I've been using MM for years (the free version). I recently coughed up for the gold version. Great program, syncs well with the Droid.

kountryj

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the Droid was for it's music player. I can't afford to miss calls when I am at the gym but love my Ipod classic. I don't want to wear a phone and player at the same time. So as with any new device. When I loaded my music some of the songs seemed to get scattered about and unorganized. Is there a simple tool I can use that will make it easier to organize my music? I hate having to rename files, But I am looking at only 40 or 50 songs out of hundreds.
Also so far I am thrilled with the Droid.

I had the same problem with a few of my mp3s not having the id3 right. I used mp3tagger and got them all back in order.

FoFa

Reaction score
I do undertstand the thing with spelling the artist name correctly I just wish I had some software that would sync and make it easy
Win 7 syncs, just have not figured out how to do multiple syncs to multiple devices each with a different list.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what I did NOT like about MediaMonkey was that it DID NOT sync my music videos or movies on my iPod Touch does it NOW sync music videos with the DROID? meh if it doesn't no big deal I can manually add my music videos unlike iSuck err iTunes

-=Jason=-