Droid apps

[email protected]

Reaction score
I don't know if I am posting in the right places- but I need answers and can't find a full manual for the Droid. I have to know this stuff to decide if I keep this or not... Anyway, I put some apps on my phone, then decided I didn't want them, I found out ow to uninstall the apps (I thought), and did what it said, but when I go to the face of my phone where the apps are listed, the app icons still show up. How do I get rid of those?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using a custom home, or the stock one?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If they are stock apps (pre-loaded on phone), you cannot un-install them. If you are just wanting to remove them from your home screen (they will still be active in your app drawer), then you press and drag to the bottom of the screen - a trash can will appear (both the app icon and trash can have to turn red) and then let go. If they are apps you downloaded from the market, you can un-install from both the market and thru your phone settings (menu, settings, application, manage applications).

I think if you uninstall a downloaded app and you have placed it on your homescreen, you will have to delete the icon.

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
How do I delete the icon? Someone told me to push on it so I could drag it down and a trash can would appear, but I have tried that and it won't go away.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How do I delete the icon? Someone told me to push on it so I could drag it down and a trash can would appear, but I have tried that and it won't go away.
Icons on the homescreen....

to delete.... long press on the icon, then drag it to the app drawer, hold over it for a second til the trash can appears (and turns red) and let go. Voila :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's only if the icon was on one of your homescreens. Go to the market, press the menu key, go to downloads, and uninstall what you want.

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere of the preinstalled apps? Is there a way to get the most used apps onto the home screen?

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
That's only if the icon was on one of your homescreens. Go to the market, press the menu key, go to downloads, and uninstall what you want.
I did the uninstalling part but the icon is still there. (Sorry if am repeating myself, I am just learning how to use this also!)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you looked at the manual I linked for you?

Some of the basic features such as adding icons to homescreens, removing them, shortctus and what not are explained in there.

OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
OP
J

[email protected]

Reaction score
Icons on the homescreen....

to delete.... long press on the icon, then drag it to the app drawer, hold over it for a second til the trash can appears (and turns red) and let go. Voila :)
Is the homescreen considered only to be the first screen that the phone opens to? or does it include the 2 other screens that you pull to open up? I haven't been able yet to remove icons or move any to the first main screen - but I am trying!