Droid apps for SMS texting

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ajenda79, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Ajenda79

Ajenda79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I am a new Droid owner, and have been experimenting with a few apps for easier texting. i recently installed the Better Keyboard app, and when it was enabled I received a message indicating: "this input method may be able to collect all text..."
    Is this a message I should be concerned about? I would assume that this app would not record my keystrokes, but wanted to make sure.

Also, has anyone found an app that organizes SMS to be similar to a traditional style with Inbox, Sent, and Saved folders rather then conversation threads? I have Handcent SMS installed which is cool for customizations, but I would prefer the tradtional text Inbox.

2. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On your first note, all keyboards say that. It's just to give you a fair warning what the app can potentially do, but most likely won't. Swype does the same thing

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

3. SGTiger

SGTiger Member

Ratings:
    +0

That style of organizing messages has went the way of the dodo bird. I shouldn't say "organizing" because it is really a system of not organizing messages. The vast majority of people that start using messaging grouped by contacts never want to go back after they have used it a while because it is so much easier to carry on a conversation this way.

Usually only new users post this request, so you may consider giving it a little time for it to grow on you. However I certainly recognize there will always be a certain small percentage of people that will never be happy with it.

4. Ajenda79

Ajenda79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Thanks for the responses. In regards to the SMS messages, is there a way to save just one message rather then the whole thread? I used the save option once, and could not find the save message location using Astro.

:)

Search tags for this page
android best sms app
best andriod sms app
droid app to text with iphone
easier texting apps
easier texting keyboard android
go sms pro international texting

international texting app verizon

new texting app for android
secure texting apps for iphones and droids
sms apps for droid