droid app help

violent bandit

Reaction score
does anybody know of a ap that allows you to change your phone number when making a call?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Google Voice

Clarify?

Google Voice has it's own number which you can dial from. It doesn't display a different number to another caller because you have it set to display some random phone number. You have to actually have a Google Voice account/number and you use that number just as you would any other phone number.

When you use your DROID to dial out on Google Voice, it still uses your Verizon minutes, unless you set up the sipdroid/friends and family number work around.

JimmyD

Reaction score
whoops!

Google Voice

Clarify?

Google Voice has it's own number which you can dial from. It doesn't display a different number to another caller because you have it set to display some random phone number. You have to actually have a Google Voice account/number and you use that number just as you would any other phone number.

When you use your DROID to dial out on Google Voice, it still uses your Verizon minutes, unless you set up the sipdroid/friends and family number work around.

It appears you have clarified for me! I stand corrected, and will delete my post above.

I don't have Google Voice; however, my understanding of how it uses the Google Voice number was wrong (obviously). Thanks for your post!

To the OP.... ummmmm... never mind! :redface:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Google Voice

Clarify?

It appears you have clarified for me! I stand corrected, and will delete my post above.

I don't have Google Voice; however, my understanding of how it uses the Google Voice number was wrong (obviously). Thanks for your post!

Don't delete what you had to say. It's important we learn the limitations of what is available to us.

In fact I was asking earlier if there was an easier/easy way to use Google Voice over WiFi and there isn't, which is a damn shame because I live in a basement! >.<

I have answered plenty of questions incorrectly, but it's not because I was wrong, it was because I didn't know. We can only learn if we chose to :p

It's awesome you answered!

JimmyD

Reaction score
Clarify?

Don't delete what you had to say. It's important we learn the limitations of what is available to us.

In fact I was asking earlier if there was an easier/easy way to use Google Voice over WiFi and there isn't, which is a damn shame because I live in a basement! >.<

I have answered plenty of questions incorrectly, but it's not because I was wrong, it was because I didn't know. We can only learn if we chose to :p

It's awesome you answered!

Thanks, I deleted my answer because I didn't want to spread misinformation, but I see do your point.

My original answer is quoted in your post, so people will see it there. ;)