Droid and/or Incredible Sync with Exchange 2010?

Out of Luck

Reaction score
Hi

I have an absolutely horrible problem and need help. My office (me) has been testing the Moto Droid. (considering migrating the senior staff from TREO to Droid) I really like it, I had it syncing with Exchange 2003 and was nearing the end of an evaluation with the major problem being the eml forwarding problem with emails. I had tried TouchDown, love the interface but it did not seem to resolve the issue. I thought that was the biggest problem I had until today.

We have just completed a upgrade to Exchange 2010. Since that completion on the Weekend, we cannot sync the TREOs with the exchange server. We find out today that according to Sprint (current provider) that WinMobile phones cannot sync with 2010 unless at WM 6.5. The Treos are 6.1 and 5.0 depending on the user.

That's enough of a problem with my CEO traveling frequently, so I thought not to worry, I'll sync the Droid and my problems would be over. Well the long and short of it is that it will not sync. During the evaluation I asked the Verizon Engineer to establish if 2010 was an issue and there has never been an answer. I stopped at two Verizon stores this evening. One said not possible, one said no mention of support but could be done with third party. Well I did a factory reset and started with the native app again and no go. I did another factory reset and tried TouchDown, no go. Does anyone out there have any creative ideas? This has the making of a train wreck and any assistance would be much appreciated. The Droid version is 2.1 update 1.

I've seen on forums folks saying that the Droid works, the Incredible works - I'll go either way if it really is a solution. Are there settings on the exchange server that need to be set to allow this to happen and where are they located. My IT guy is great, but 2010 is all new. Our consultant was able to connect with an iPhone. I'll be contacting him again tomorrow.

I thought doing a factory reset would clear things up and allow it to sync but apparently not. I hate to take the Sprint solution (move to a windows 6.5 phone) when we are strongly considering moving to Verizon because of connectivity issues in rural areas.

Your help would really be appreciated ... thanks Out of Luck

mcapozzi

Reaction score
So you point the e-mail program at the OWA server and nothing happens, it doesn't return any sort of error.

I've heard that on some Exchange servers you need to copy the server SSL cert to the phone before it makes a connection.

-Mike

kh4130

Reaction score
Had any luck with Exchange 2010 and the Droid?

I have a Motorola Droid that works fine with Exchange 2003 but when I try to use an Exchange 2010 account the phone seems to verify but I am unable to sync any emails, I just get a blank screen with no folders. I am also unable to send emails using the Droid on the Exchange 2010 server.