Droid advice.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zeeklancer, Jul 27, 2010.

1. zeeklancer

zeeklancer New Member

Hello guys. I am now on my second phone, and I am not sure if it is due to the rom flashing or just getting bad hardware.

With my first dorid I used DroidMod using their tools to root and flash. The problem is the first time I flashed it did not boot and got stuck on the M screen. Then I flashed it again and all was well... Untill an update came out for DroidMod. After flashing that I could no longer boot my phone. I hat to resort to SPF recovery, and even then it would not boot.

So I returned the phone and got a referb. At some point in time I use SPF recovery to down grade the boot (as it came with 2.1 installed) so I could use a update.zip to root the phone again. I went with Rom Manager this time and bugless beast. Flash went well and booted fine, but Rom Manager insisted on telling me I did not have Clockwork installed and forced me to install it again. After a while applications stopped working In this case the media viewer app would crash at start. So I re-flashed the rom and every thing worked fine but Rom Manger told me again that I did not have clockwork installed even though I could get into Clockwork recovery just fine. About a week later random applications stop working, go to reboot and phone gets hung on the M forever.

So here is where I am at current.

1) Install custom rom (normally latest bugless beast) via clockwork and downloading the zip by hand.
    2) Use phone with no problems for about a week.
    3) Some application I use stops working, the last time it was market and the phone app its self. By not working I mean it just closes right when I start it.
    4) I go to reboot the phone an get stuck on the M logo.
    5) Have to re-flash the same rom again (clearing data and cache) to get the phone working.
    6) Start over.

So here are my questions.

1. Maybe I used the wrong files to unlock and install clockwork ?
    2. Can anybody give me links to known good files?
    3. Do I have a hardware problem? How do I check?
    4. Why does the phone seem to work fine for some time then just stop :( ?

Any advice or info would be helpful.

-Zeek
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

To see if it might be hardware, flash back to stock again and see if you notice things are better for a day or two.

The best place to get the rom install files are from the install threads of those who produce them. It is easy to grab them and install them. If you want to use Rom Manager that also will go and install the roms for you. To simplify and troubleshoot I'd install as little as possible on the phone.

My sig has some links:

flash back to stock 2.01 with rsd lite...try it a day or two.

flash a stock froyo with sprecovery to get rooted again, first sig link.

See how that goes, then try various roms. Make a backup of each. Write down 3-4 of the 10 or so well known ones, then try each for a day or two. It may be your phone just doesn't like one of the latest rom versions.

Hold off on installing non-essential apps until this testing is completed.
  3. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Question: how were you able to return it? Was there something else wrong with it? I'm sure you didn't tell customer service that you had troubles flashing bugless beast :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. zeeklancer

zeeklancer New Member

Well, at that point my phone was not booting.

I went in and said.. Umm my phone is not working :( (yes I used my frown face)

Then he said let me take a look. He tried to start the phone, no go. Then he spent 20 min reading the documentation on how to do a factory reset (totality failing at holding x and all that good stuff)

I was asked if I had dropped it and I said no (cuz I did not drop it)

Then he went to the back and got me a referb.

-Zeek
Search tags for this page
advice on droid

droid advice

droidadvice