1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Acting Wierd

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by disassemble, Feb 20, 2010.

1. disassemble

disassemble New Member

SO... randomly my phone stopped locking when i would push the power button.
    It just turns screen black and bring it back to normal when i click it again... But WONT lock... i even set the finger code, and set it, and nothing.

also when its in the car dock or home dock it doesn't realize its there.. it doesnt change the layout or anything...

I am on bugless beast 0.7.6 > i was upgraded to 0.7.8 but just down gradded to test the problem and see if that was it.

Also, my setCPU app says that its only running at 600mhz instead of the 1200mhz i usually have it set as..

did i loose root ? what happened? any idea? any help would be MUCH apprecaited
  2. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

i would just start over, wipe and reinstall.
  3. disassemble

disassemble New Member

what would i do to back up my apps that i bought and stuff?
  4. disassemble

disassemble New Member

now im also getting missed calls and the phones not even ringing...
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I purchased "MyBackupPro" to back up apps. $4.99 but does the job.
  6. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

many apps out there for backup, Astro is free. its ok.
  7. disassemble

disassemble New Member

fine, i'll spend another 5 bucks no big deal... can i get some directions on what to do to wipe this thing back to normal? do i load it up in SPrecovery and then do a wipe/erase or whatever the option is? then install the ROM from /sdcard/update.zip ?

or am i missing something...

i did download the sholes mod to give me root and then did BB over that to run that rom... i'm all over the place.. anyone caring to help me out would be great.
  8. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

no you are correct, start in recovery select the don't keep data or wipe however its worded and then go through like normal. when your back up and running install your apps via the backup. side note you will more than likely lose your settings and what not.
  9. disassemble

disassemble New Member

i guess i need to wait until the newest Bugless beast is out? because updating the ROM every day is silly. i'd rather just wait for the working version... but right now i cant lock my phone so how do i go about my day with the phone not being able to lock in my pocket.......
  10. disassemble

disassemble New Member

every single call goes directly to voice mail...why the hell am i not recieving phone calls?
  11. disassemble

disassemble New Member

this phone is ****ed up... can someone please give me a link to get back to stock or whateevr i need to follow some tutorial...

every single call that comes in gets missed.... i need help ASAP please help. my business runs off this google voice app i need it every day.. please advise with some docs