Droid ab555

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cell2011, May 11, 2011.

1. cell2011

cell2011 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a droid but cracked screen and bad esn but seller says scrolls flawlessly may need to be flashed. How much can i download with it being this way? Also is it possible to root it and update it to 2.2 or more? How much can one do with it being this way before any flashing is done? Experts please

2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    If it has a bad esn then you are pretty much screwed with getting it activated. You can still though use the method somewhere in this forums to bypass the activation and use the phone simply for downloading stuff on wifi or for a music player. Not sure if there are other companies like this elsewhere but, If a Verizon phone has a bad ESN here in Hawaii it can get flashed over to a different carrier called Mobi. Maybe you can find out if there's a company like that around where you live. To answer your question about rooting it, yes you can still root it. Just use the instructions here to root the phone:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

#2 spc_hicks09, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  3. cell2011

cell2011 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great ty yes i looked into it we have carrier here Ntelos they can do it free it i bought a prepaid plan