Reaction score
Droid is stuck with this on screen:

Bootloader
2C.7C
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Phone had been rooted with CyangenMod7 and working for a long time. I tried everything I could found on internet to try to get beyond this screen. Many solutions say to load this or that...when I connect to computer it is not read...stays on screen text above...does not take any input. Tried removing battery for hours...tried pushing "x" and power button and whatever other combinations I could find on the internet.

Can anyone help me?

dasanman69

Reaction score

Bootloader
2C.7C
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Phone had been rooted with CyangenMod7 and working for a long time. I tried everything I could found on internet to try to get beyond this screen. Many solutions say to load this or that...when I connect to computer it is not read...stays on screen text above...does not take any input. Tried removing battery for hours...tried pushing "x" and power button and whatever other combinations I could find on the internet.

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried reinstalling the stock ROM using RSD lite?

dasanman69

Reaction score
You need to install RSD lite, it's the software that will reinstall the stock ROM onto the phone. The stock ROM file is called the SBF file. Use RSD lite to install the SBF file onto your phone which you will then need to root again.

OP
76patriot

76patriot

Reaction score
You need to install RSD lite, it's the software that will reinstall the stock ROM onto the phone. The stock ROM file is called the SBF file. Use RSD lite to install the SBF file onto your phone which you will then need to root again.
How do I install anything if the phone dose not accept any input?

newbroot83

Reaction score

Bootloader
2C.7C
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Can anyone help me?

Where it says ok to program and transfer mode usb doesnt that show a connection? Im pretty sure thats what it shows when I connect my razr maxx....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
76patriot

76patriot

Reaction score
Where it says ok to program and transfer mode usb doesnt that show a connection? Im pretty sure thats what it shows when I connect my razr maxx....Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
It says transfer mode USB as I indicated originally on my posting. When I connect to computer, nothing happens, screen stays the same, computer does not recognize connection. I am using the correct data cord.

dasanman69

Reaction score
How do I install anything if the phone dose not accept any input?

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. You must install RSD lite onto your computer and plug the phone into the computer. It'll see that the phone is ready to be programmed but you also need the stock ROM in the form of a sbf file.

OP
76patriot

76patriot

Reaction score
Thank you. I will give it a try when I get a chance. Any other pointers for someone not as knowledgeable on this subject as yourself?

Also...what does the "Multi" mean on the reply line of thread? I looked for "basic help" on this forum and could not find.

OP
76patriot

76patriot

Reaction score
Thanks to all....was able to get phone working again...sort of a bumpy road. Found these sbf files:

VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_ESE81_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.03P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG83D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Was not sure which one to use and do not know the difference...so i just picked the last one.

Can someone tell me the difference?

What is the best root for the Droid A855?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks again.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Thanks to all....was able to get phone working again...sort of a bumpy road. Found these sbf files:

VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_ESE81_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.03P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG83D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Was not sure which one to use and do not know the difference...so i just picked the last one.

Can someone tell me the difference?

What is the best root for the Droid A855?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks again.

The one you chose was the correct one. It was the last update that the D1 had. Here's how to root. It's actually much easier than it seems. Just follow the steps. Good luck.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Last edited:
OP
76patriot

76patriot

Reaction score
Thanks again....see if I got this correct?

My phone now has an original ROM and is running Android 2.2.3. Although it was previously rooted (my son did it....not available now), it needs to rooted again? Once rooted, I can then again install a custom ROM. It had CyanogenMod7 before it crashed.

What is the best ROM for the D1?

You help is appreciated.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Thanks again....see if I got this correct?

My phone now has an original ROM and is running Android 2.2.3. Although it was previously rooted (my son did it....not available now), it needs to rooted again? Once rooted, I can then again install a custom ROM. It had CyanogenMod7 before it crashed.

What is the best ROM for the D1?

You help is appreciated.

Correct. I'd stick with CM7