Droid A855 insurance question

snopro-02

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering what people were getting for phones when they were making claims under Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program through Verizon. I am wondering for people that have the droid A855. Thanks much

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You get the same phone that you lost. It's a regular Droid.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
They might even try to offer you less...

streetkid

Reaction score
Kind of related. I've been thinking of canceling my insurance. I have about 12 months left till my upgrade comes. So 12 months of insurance at $6 is $72 + the $89 deductible and I'm sitting at $161 bucks if I keep insurance and my phone breaks.

Looking on Ebay you can get an A855 for $200-$250, not much more than I'd be paying for insurance and its still only _IF_ my phone breaks. 6 months from now they will probably be selling for what I've paid in insurance. I've taken tremendous care of my phone and I don't anticipate that changing, though I do understand stuff can happen out of my control.

So anyways, any opinions on if keeping the insurance is worth it.. also factor in the trouble people have had with Asurion

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
Kind of a related question, do you have to unroot your phone before you file a claim? I have a droid and asurion, but the headphone jack is a little... well ... jacked and I was thinking about filing for a replacement.

Ice_Cold

Reaction score
Headphone jack would be a warrenty issue if you are still inthe one year. Aslo unless you bought the extended warranty I don't think you can claim the head phone jack. I could be wrong tho

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
Thanks IC,
I bought it second hand, do you think the warranty would still work? I would still have to unroot no?

Asurion will replace your phone, even if you drop it down a well, why wouldn't they replace the jack?

Ice_Cold

Reaction score
Np I would try verizon first. Idk you can always call asurion and ask. Like I said I wasn't sure if asurion does that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
The verizon warranty is just a portal for the manufacturer's warranty, so they should be able to warranty replace it for you even if you bought it second hand.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
... but I have to unroot first before I give them a phone for the replacement right?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes, unroot and send in, it's easy

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Warranty is dependent on whether your Droid was activated with the "CPE (Customer Provided Equipment)" option checked. If so, the only kind of warranty you have is with Asurion, not Motorola. A headphone jack wouldn't be root related though that I know of.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

markwebb

Reaction score
Is Asurion still replacing Droid 1 with Droid 1 or something different now?

I only ask because I am still paying insurance (6+ months) and was wondering if it is time to drop the insurance.

edinadad

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that instead of having a problem with your head phone jack you actually lost your phone. After making sure that you have all the important things backed up. At least that is what the rep said to do when something similar happened to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App