Droid 5 in new future?

bmwhutch

Reaction score
if you root and DL SetCPU - say what ? :)

hi there, noticed your post about; if you root and DL SetCPU...what does that mean and how do you do it, getting ready to upgrade and considering the D4, need that phys keyboard...any other thoughts welcome, thank you, bmwhutch

No, it will not be available on the D4 until at least mid-summer or beyond. That's what I have been hearing anyway. Still an awesome phone, and if you root and DL SetCPU from the market, battery issue solved. I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and have been getting 21+ hours on a single charge. Yeah, you read that right.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Root is granting full access to your phone. SetCPU gives you the ability to underclock or overclock your CPU speeds.

Kas84

Reaction score
hi there, noticed your post about; if you root and DL SetCPU...what does that mean and how do you do it, getting ready to upgrade and considering the D4, need that phys keyboard...any other thoughts welcome, thank you, bmwhutch

Basically what SetCPU does is allow you to control how fast your phone operates. If you set it at the max, your phone will perform like a beast, but the battery will drain fast. Set it at a low speed, your battery will drain much slower, but the overall performance of the phone will lag. This program, along with others I use, are only available if you root your phone.