Droid 5 in new future?

kpoker

Reaction score
Was considering trading in my droid 1 for the droid 4 but with all the battery complaints and some questions about the screen I think I might wait. Has there been any mention of a droid 5 coming?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If Moto actually keeps to their statement about slowing production, I would say either at the end of this year or Q1 of 2013. The only mention of a Droid 5 is that of people asking about it, honestly. Not being a douche. Nothing official or rumored has been relelased or "leaked."

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The D4 just released barely a month ago, doubt a D5 is being released anytime soon, but then again it's Moto so who knows. ICS hasn't even hit the D4 and once that does it's life cycle will increase.

r314bd

Reaction score
Was considering trading in my droid 1 for the droid 4 but with all the battery complaints and some questions about the screen I think I might wait. Has there been any mention of a droid 5 coming?
You should keep in mind that practically every current smartphone on the market has anecdotal reports of poor battery life. I would take them with a grain of salt. Smartphone battery life varies widely from person to person based on usage and app background data settings.

I upgraded from the D1 to the D4 about a month ago and I'm very satisfied. My battery life is fantastic. It's true that the RGB pentile screen is not nearly as vivid and clear as an AMOLED screen would have been, but battery life and visibility in sunlight is better with pentile screens, and the pixelation is really only noticeable if you're actively looking for it.

I'm sure there will be a D5, but I think that the any difference between the D4 and D5 won't be nearly as significant as the difference between the D4 and the D3.
Whats ICS?
Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich"

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
ICS is an automatic upgrade that comes right to the phone?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
No. gingerbread is on the D4. These are names of the operating systems from Android. Ics is the next operating system. Gingerbread is the current/previous one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kas84

Reaction score
So ICS is not on the droid 4?

No, it will not be available on the D4 until at least mid-summer or beyond. That's what I have been hearing anyway. Still an awesome phone, and if you root and DL SetCPU from the market, battery issue solved. I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and have been getting 21+ hours on a single charge. Yeah, you read that right.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
So I need to wait for another phone to get ICS. I have the droid 1 now. Tough decision I guess. Not even sure what rooting a phone means or how to do it. Kind of new with this stuff

Kas84

Reaction score
So I need to wait for another phone to get ICS. I have the droid 1 now. Tough decision I guess. Not even sure what rooting a phone means or how to do it. Kind of new with this stuff

Droid 4 does not come stocked with ICS, but it will get it eventually. Everyone is still in the dark on an exact date.

WaltA

Reaction score
IMHO, we'll start to see/hear about the D5 this fall, when the LTE/CDMA/GSM combined radio chips start to ship. The D5 will probably have ICE from day one, return back to being a Global Phone, and have much longer battery life (due to the new 28nm radio chips).