Droid 4's micro USB receptor position really inconvenient!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by New Daddy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. New Daddy

New Daddy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Overall, I like my Droid 4, but its micro USB receptor location (on the lower left side) is really inconvenient.

First, the micro USB port gets blocked by my generic car cradle's holding arms. It becomes impossible to charge the phone through the micro USB port while the phone is on the cradle.

Secondly, when I use an app that doesn't rotate all four ways, I can't watch the app while charging the phone. For example, the ESPN app only plays back at the landscape mode with the phone's left side down. So, It becomes impossible to use these apps while charging the phone.

Anybody similarly frustrated? Any workaround these issues?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. s4pphire

s4pphire New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been like that with most Droids; frustrating at times but only a minor inconvenience for me. If it really bothers you that much you could look into getting the dock for it, I guess.

3. schatzy62

schatzy62 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not inconvenient for me at all Use a Motorola dock or other brand dock and it works great for me.

In the car i will only use Motorola docks as all the others will not hold the phone tight enough for the rough roads I have to drive on.

4. New Daddy

New Daddy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't found a dock designed specifically for Droid 4. If all Droids have had the micro USB port on the left side, is a dock for other Droid models, like the one below, good fit for Droid 4 too?

Amazon.com: Motorola Standard Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID BIONIC - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

5. schatzy62

schatzy62 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That dock will not work the location of the USB port is different on the bionic to the 4.

Here are a few links for droid 4 docks all searched out on Google

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Standard-Motorola-Retail-Packaging/dp/B007HP1TIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341588688&sr=8-1&keywords=droid+4+dock

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Dock...8&qid=1341589289&sr=8-3&keywords=droid 4 dock

Amazon.com: Motorola HD Station with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://onestopshops.net/shop.php?c=...k_for_Motorola_DROID_4_Retail_Packaging_Black

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  6. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1
Search tags for this page
4 position receptor
droid4 dock usb input

how to use droid 4 usb port

usb ports droid 4
why does droid 4 have two usb ports