Droid 4!!!!

amishdude01

Reaction score
Is anyone else as excited as I am? I can't stop thinking about it.. I feel like Cartman waiting for the nintendo wii

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would be excited if it came with a removable battery and unlocked bootloader. Unfortunately, neither is looking to come on the Droid 4.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe you should freeze yourself.... LOL!

There hasn't even been an official release date so it must be worse for you

OP
amishdude01

amishdude01

Reaction score
Maybe you should freeze yourself.... LOL!

There hasn't even been an official release date so it must be worse for you

Lol! I wish I could. Yes , this non existent release date is a killer. I keep telling myself January for some odd reason. And im basing that off of completely nothing. Lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lol! I wish I could. Yes , this non existent release date is a killer. I keep telling myself January for some odd reason. And im basing that off of completely nothing. Lol.

Well from what has been seen so far, the D4 seems to be very close to being finished, I'm sure you've read this in the news section:)

I personally think it will release before christmas. However, I can understand if Moto doesn't release it til early next year, maybe to release it with ICS or have an update ready not too far from release? Too many speculations right now, but it does look good. However my eyes are set on the Nexus.

Last edited:
OP
amishdude01

amishdude01

Reaction score
Well from what has been seen so far, the D4 seems to be very close to being finished, I'm sure you've read this in the news section:)

I personally think it will release before christmas. However, I can understand if Moto doesn't release it til early next year, maybe to release it with ICS or have an update ready not too far from release? Too many speculations right now, but it does look good. However my eyes are set on the Nexus.

I sure hope it comes out in december! I guess rumors have it that the d4 wont come with ICS but once released, it will get the update. But like I said, they are rumors. The Nexus is a very nice phone. I just need a keyboard .. and I heard the d3 keyboard was great. Hopefully it will feel the same on the d4. Big downfall of the d4 is the built in battery.. that and a mix of 4g doesn't equal anything good. =/

spillner

Reaction score
I would be very upset if it came out in December seeing as how the D3 was only released in mid July and most stores had problems keeping up with demand, forcing people such as myself to buy it in August. We've already got the Bionic (9/11) and the RAZR (11/11) in full swing. Does MOTO really need to flood the market with another phone right before X-mas? Why not wait till spring and release it as the first MOTO phone to come with ICS installed? Seeing as how the OG DROID was the flagship phone, it makes sense for MOTO to release its newest generation QWERTY phone as the first of its ICS line.

svickstc

Reaction score
^^This, but i doubt it...Im sure they want to flood before x-mass to have motto vs. iPhone4s race

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The D4 keyboard looks much better than the keyboard on the D3.

As for release, yeah it hurts their own sales by releasing it before the end of the year with the D3, Razr, and Bionic out. The D3 isn't even 6months old yet and there's already leaks of the D4.

It may happen, but I don't think it will. I see it first quarter of 2012 for sure though, as ICS should be available for an update by then....hopefully.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Here I am, hoping it does get released early. Want to try to score a D3 for 150-180ish once prices drop. It seems like a nice, solid workhorse of a phone so why not. Being outdated is not an issue, as long as it serves well.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want it to go ahead and drop so that the likelihood of the Droid 5 dropping next year with a removable battery will increase.

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
Ditto. No removable battery = No Droid 4 in my pocket. It's too bad... Motorola put the Droid on the map but they have forgotten us techie users who made Droid a success.

I would be excited if it came with a removable battery and unlocked bootloader. Unfortunately, neither is looking to come on the Droid 4.

mystik1

Reaction score
I hope it is released asap...tomorrow would be good. :) I am ready to buy it.

solar

Reaction score
Yea, I have had the D1, D2, D2 Global, and droid3, but the D4 not having a removable battery was a deciding factor for me. I'm not getting a D4 for just that reason. I opted for a HTC rezound and haven't regretted it. though I do miss having a keyboard.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have had the D1, D2, D2 Global, and droid3, but the D4 not having a removable battery was a deciding factor for me. I'm not getting a D4 for just that reason. I opted for a HTC rezound and haven't regretted it. though I do miss having a keyboard.
Htc rezound is nice but the whole CarrierIQ thing makes me nervous. I wouldnt get the D4 either becuase it just looks fat like the razr. They made the device thin but put it all in the bezel.