Droid 4 XT894 Unlock for Forgein SIM Card Help

heymon79

Reaction score
Per above... My call display is not working. Calls (even from contacts) are coming up as Pay Phone. I recall seeing something in a forum about this and will update if/how I fix it.

heymon79

Reaction score
per above - Per other forums, I had to call Rogers to remove the Name display (caller ID and name display together do not work on the phone). However, Rogers wants to make like difficult and kept telling me that they no longer offer these features individually, only as packages, and all packages include both. OR I had the option of getting a new plan (which would cost me $40/month more) and then they would be able to do it. I got pretty upset that the only way they could "remove" a service from my phone was to charge me more. Please just remember that this isn't the agent's fault, so don't yell at them (you get better results if you are nice to them), but I did let them know how disappointed I was and that I would be making call to the CRTC (Cell company Regulating Body), and they managed to speak with their manager who finally found a package ($7) that was Caller ID and low grade voicemail (3 messages max saved for 3 days). This voicemail was not sufficient for me, so I also ended up paying $10 for visual voicemail. However it worked in the fact that the number displays, just not the name (unless it is a saved contact).
So, there's that.