Droid 4 XT894 Unlock for Forgein SIM Card Help

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by repoulin, Aug 29, 2012.

1. sean2010

sean2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yep, should work, worked for me in ireland.

2. bluri

bluri New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you man! Just bought one from us-ebay for 260$.. After eight hours of research through internet I was ready to buy, just after I read your post.
    Been eager to have a QWERTY-phone after sold my Milestone year ago.
    On germany ebay they sold these today for 350€ and 290€ :D

3. heymon79

heymon79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok all... Here's an update.
    I am in Toronto, ON on Rogers network.
    My boyfriend was in Tampa for a golf trip so he went to a Verizon store. They would not sell it to him as he did not have an account and told him he needed to sign a contract. This is not the case and I called the Verizon Call Centre who advised me that they just needed to open an account and sell the phone like an accessory as we were buying it outright. They also advised that there is no need for an unlock code (which ends up is correct). FINALLY got the phone purchased, but when it got home my SIM card would not fit in it. You will need to go to Rogers and purchase a Micro SIM (which costs $10 + tax). There was no need to update to Ice Cream Sandwich as it was already up to date. It took my new SIM and said it was unrecognized, but I ignored that and the phone worked.
    We then had to configure settings to get the data working and I will list them here for people like me who know nothing about APN & VPN etc...
    Go to your settings and select:
    'more' option
    then Mobile Networks
    Network Mode and choose GSM/UMTS
    Now scroll lower and choose Access Point Names. Enter the below settings for your internet and picture messaging:

Name: Rogers
    APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
    MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
    MMS Port: 80

Leave everything else alone.

You are now good to go. My phone works!
    If you have questions, please feel free to message me!
    But ... IT WORKS and with very little work! YAY

4. heymon79

heymon79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Per above... My call display is not working. Calls (even from contacts) are coming up as Pay Phone. I recall seeing something in a forum about this and will update if/how I fix it.

5. heymon79

heymon79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    per above - Per other forums, I had to call Rogers to remove the Name display (caller ID and name display together do not work on the phone). However, Rogers wants to make like difficult and kept telling me that they no longer offer these features individually, only as packages, and all packages include both. OR I had the option of getting a new plan (which would cost me $40/month more) and then they would be able to do it. I got pretty upset that the only way they could "remove" a service from my phone was to charge me more. Please just remember that this isn't the agent's fault, so don't yell at them (you get better results if you are nice to them), but I did let them know how disappointed I was and that I would be making call to the CRTC (Cell company Regulating Body), and they managed to speak with their manager who finally found a package ($7) that was Caller ID and low grade voicemail (3 messages max saved for 3 days). This voicemail was not sufficient for me, so I also ended up paying $10 for visual voicemail. However it worked in the fact that the number displays, just not the name (unless it is a saved contact).
    So, there's that.

Search tags for this page
droid 4 unlock code

how to unlock droid 4

motorola droid 4 unlock code
motorola droid 4 xt894 unlock code
motorola xt894

unlock droid 4

unlock droid 4 verizon
unlock motorola xt894 verizon
unlock xt894

xt894 unlock