droid 4 waterproof queston

zagan13

Reaction score
ive been searching everywhere but there is no real answer. is the droid 4 really waterproof because i read somewhere that it was splash resistant but nw in the motorola website it says that it is waterproof even inside the phone. so is it waterproof or what?

Last edited:

diablo81588

Reaction score
It's not waterproof. Not even considered water resistant I don't think. It has a special coating that's supposed to help protect it against splashes like rain drops.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Water resistant is different from water proof. Water proof means you can dunk it in water without a care. Water resistant means it can survive some light drops, maybe even a little spilled liquid, but I still would still treat it with great care.

Starcros

Reaction score
Not "waterproof". Just has a coating that protects it a little better against minor splashes.
It is best to regard it as having no water protection at all. Better safe than sorry:p

OP
zagan13

zagan13

Reaction score
so why is the droid razr like waterproof? it can be put in water and itll still work.. why would this one be any different than that one? they are both advertised to have nano particles that protect the inside and out .

Starcros

Reaction score
so why is the droid razr like waterproof? it can be put in water and itll still work.. why would this one be any different than that one? they are both advertised to have nano particles that protect the inside and out .
Droid 4 is mechanically more complex than the razr (sliding keyboard) there are a lot more openings to protect.
Note; even though the razr can survive brief encounters with water, I wouldn't recommend swimming with it. Both Verizon and Motorola list it as water resistant, NOT waterproof.

OP
zagan13

zagan13

Reaction score
Droid 4 is mechanically more complex than the razr (sliding keyboard) there are a lot more openings to protect.
Note; even though the razr can survive brief encounters with water, I wouldn't recommend swimming with it. Both Verizon and Motorola list it as water resistant, NOT waterproof.
ohh. okay. thank you. i understand. i just though it could be waterproof but nevermind then. thanks