1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 4 slow

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jyeh74, May 18, 2012.

1. jyeh74

jyeh74 New Member

my Droid 4 is all of a sudden slow. When I am searching contacts, it takes awhile to load everything. I notice it syncs (has the circular arrow in the upper right, as if its syncing).

I tried turning off and turning on the phone but nothing works. If I reset, I will lose all my contacts (outside of gmail)
  2. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 New Member

You could try wiping the phones cache. If youre not rooted boot into stock recovery by powering off then hold power and both volume buttuns at the same time. Then chose wipe cache from the menu and reboot. If rooted this can be done from clockwork recovery.
    Pay attention that you only wipe cache.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  3. jyeh74

jyeh74 New Member

Do you mean under applications and settings? Cache is already clear but I can "clear data" but not sure if thats the right way.
  4. jyeh74

jyeh74 New Member

Do you mean under applications and settings? Cache is already clear but I can "clear data" but not sure if thats the right way.
  5. jyeh74

jyeh74 New Member

Do anyone know what "clear data" does? I cleared cache. But i dont know if clearing data will remove memory like contacts. Appreciate the help.
  6. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 New Member

Clearing data will wipe out your entire setup. Maybe even worse. Not sure the exact effects on a stock non- rooted system as i have never done it. Clearing cache is all you should need to do.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
android 4 slow
android 4 very slow
droid 4 is slow
droid 4 really slow

droid 4 running slow

droid 4 slow

droid 4 slow performance
droid 4 slow to charge
droid 4 sluggish
droid 4 very slow