Droid 4 slow

jyeh74

Reaction score
my Droid 4 is all of a sudden slow. When I am searching contacts, it takes awhile to load everything. I notice it syncs (has the circular arrow in the upper right, as if its syncing).

I tried turning off and turning on the phone but nothing works. If I reset, I will lose all my contacts (outside of gmail)

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You could try wiping the phones cache. If youre not rooted boot into stock recovery by powering off then hold power and both volume buttuns at the same time. Then chose wipe cache from the menu and reboot. If rooted this can be done from clockwork recovery.
Pay attention that you only wipe cache.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jyeh74

Reaction score
Do you mean under applications and settings? Cache is already clear but I can "clear data" but not sure if thats the right way.

OP
J

jyeh74

Reaction score
Do you mean under applications and settings? Cache is already clear but I can "clear data" but not sure if thats the right way.

OP
J

jyeh74

Reaction score
Do anyone know what "clear data" does? I cleared cache. But i dont know if clearing data will remove memory like contacts. Appreciate the help.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Clearing data will wipe out your entire setup. Maybe even worse. Not sure the exact effects on a stock non- rooted system as i have never done it. Clearing cache is all you should need to do.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk