Droid 4 Screen having problems, now just static

sphere125

Reaction score
Hey guys-

I've seen a few similar posts about this problem, but nothing exactly the same, any help would be appreciated!

I have a Droid 4 that I've had for a while now. Dropped it once shortly after getting it, very minor scratch on the back corner but nothing technically wrong with it. So that was probably at least 6 months ago. Now, a few days ago, the screen started having issues. I would hit the button to turn on the screen and it would just be black, but the soft buttons would light up. I had GoLocker installed and could feel the vibration when I slid the lock, even though I couldn't see it. Occasionally it would come on with the push of the power button, but as soon as I slid out the keyboard, the screen would go black again.

So this happened for 2 days. I brought it to Verizon thinking it's under warranty, so whatever's wrong can either be fixed or replaced. Turns out because of that small scratch, it voided the warranty. SO, the person working the counter had no idea what was wrong, brought it to the back room, brought it back out and the phone's screen was static. Doesn't respond to anything, won't turn off, won't hard reset, nothing. Thanks Verizon :p So, because there was nothing Verizon could do for me, after whatever it is they tried to do, I took it home, let it die, turned it on and it boots up again with nothing but static.

Any idea or suggestions would help!! Thanks

OP
S

sphere125

Reaction score
Thanks man- I appreciate the help and sounds like you're definitely right.