1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 4 rooting gone wrong- wiped rom?

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by jpv027, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jpv027

jpv027 New Member

I was trying to install Cyanogenmod on my droid 4. I used the instructions on their website and installed safestrap after rooting with razrblade. This worked fine and then I installed the rom using safestrap and now the phone shows the red m and then the screen goes blank. I can access the boot menu by holding pwer and the volume buttons but I can't get back to safestrap. Is there a way to save my phone?

Thank you for the help!
  2. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

Did you flash it on your stock rom slot I'm guessing? And you say you can't get back into safestrap? Can you get into fastboot mode?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  3. jpv027

jpv027 New Member

I may have put it on stock slot. I can not get back to safestrap. The m pops up and goes away and screen stays lit up. I can get the menu to get to fastboot though but dont know how to go from there
  4. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

You're going to have to fastboot it back to stock 4.1.2

5. jpv027

jpv027 New Member

how do I do that?
  6. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

I have an old thread from when Jellybean dropped with instructions on how to fastboot located here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=239333

Make sure you use the February 4.1.2 sbf file and not the ics sbf file. I think there's a link to that as well in the thread.

7. jpv027

jpv027 New Member

Thanks so much for the help. My phone is now working. Thanks for adding the note to use the Feb spf file. The one in the link didn't have a date and failed during flashing so I was able to find the correct file. Here is the link for anyone who needs it Droid-Developers SBF