Droid 4 Power Button Stopped Working...Fixed By Factory Reset?!

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by jliller, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jliller

jliller New Member

I have had a Motorola Droid 4 for about 11 months.

Monday afternoon one of the times I pull my phone out of my pocket it seems like it wont turn on. Battery suddenly drained? I plug in the charger and it has plenty of juice. Seems the power button will not respond at all no matter how long I hold it. There is nothing obviously wrong with the button itself, other than the not working part.

I take it to the nearest Verizon store where the employee confirms the problem and calls Verizon to have them send me a free replacement since it is still under warranty.

After a few FedEx delays, I get the replacement phone this evening. Transfer card, get all my apps again, etc. I want to clear all personal data off the old phone before returning it to Verizon so I find out how to do a Factory Reset from the Settings screen.

On a whim, after the reset is complete, I try the power button. The phone turns off and on with no problem now. :blink:

Anyone have this happen to them?

How reliable are the Verizon refurb phones? I've been with Verizon for nearly a decade and never needed one before.
  2. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

Same thing happened to me.

Power button died, and then came back, ultimately to die again. A bad power button is what did in my OG Droid, so I know that once it starts to go, it's gonna go.

I got a refurb that looked like out of the box quality. Had it for a few months and still no problem.

Considering they no long make Droid 4s, and I'm not really finding a phone I want to upgrade to anytime soon, getting a new D4 in better condition was incredibly lucky.

Stick with the refurb. Trust me

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
droid 4 lock button not working
droid 4 power button
droid 4 power button broken

droid 4 power button not working

droid 4 power button stopped working
droid 4 top button not working
how to turn off droid 4 without power button
how to turn on droid 4 without power button
motorola droid 4 power button not working