Droid 4 OTA Update 6.13.219 - "Software update failed"

thoalex

Reaction score
Sadly for me the build.prop (which I assume is the one in /System/build.prop) is identical to the stock one.

No dice.. still working on it.

Last edited:

rhighfil

Reaction score
When installing the update, after the phone reboots and the little droid guy unpacking your update appears- if you push the power button + volume down/up it'll give an echo of what's going on, and you'll see where the update stops. Mine was stopping at a blur app.

thoalex

Reaction score
Finally.. wow what a pain. But thank you myfishbear for pointing me to the fastboot ROMs.

I downloaded those and RSD and went through the process. Took about an hour.

Seriously shouldn't have been that hard.

Links for those that need them:

RSDLite 5.7
Eternity Project Droid 4 Fastboot Files
[video=youtube;59x4NTfhqMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59x4NTfhqMM"]How To Video[/video]

The How To Video helped as I'd never done it before. That ain't me.. :)

djb.617

Reaction score
i hate motorola the razr has a so much cooler boot animation than the d4

wrwr

Reaction score
slacker radio.apk missing

Unfortunately, being a little over zealous to remove bloatware/crapware, I deleted Slacker Radio, so the OTA upgrade is failing.

Here is the error I'm seeing during the upgrade:
Code:
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SlackerRadio.apk", "ee1f4b2d6958d622ce87d3f79d041a0abe0f3e21", "2d6b5132806853c96c77ead372644d3183ebd933")
E:Error in /cache/blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

I tried installing the app from the store, but the check sums failed.
where can I download the proper version of this app (and any other app in the stock imagine that I'll need)

Thank you.

core2kid

Reaction score
Unfortunately, being a little over zealous to remove bloatware/crapware, I deleted Slacker Radio, so the OTA upgrade is failing.

Here is the error I'm seeing during the upgrade:
Code:
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SlackerRadio.apk", "ee1f4b2d6958d622ce87d3f79d041a0abe0f3e21", "2d6b5132806853c96c77ead372644d3183ebd933")
E:Error in /cache/blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

I tried installing the app from the store, but the check sums failed.
where can I download the proper version of this app (and any other app in the stock imagine that I'll need)

Thank you.

1. Remove safe system (if you have it)
2. Unroot
3. Backup all important data
4. Install ICS official update via Fastboot.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Anybody try restoring their phone to stock and trying? Doesn't the restore to factory option in settings bring the phone back to the day you bought it because it uses a stock ROM image?

No, Factory Reset only wipes out user configured data and installed apps. Since normal users can't touch the /system partition, Factory Reset does nothing to that. There is no "backup" of the phones software to fix changes made by a user who has Super User access by rooting the phone.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
1. Remove safe system (if you have it)
2. Unroot
3. Backup all important data
4. Install ICS official update via Fastboot.

You can make it even easier....

Delete choices 1., 2. and start with 3.

Fastboot overwrites everything so you don't need to uninstall, reinstall or unroot, etc...it does all that for you.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Sigh, of course. I used metamorph to change the battery icon on my wifes phone and this update wont apply. It breaks on framework-res.apk. Not sure what to do since I dont have the stock framework file.

sangandongo

Reaction score
Using Root Explorer, isn't there a way to edit something to prevent future updates and to trick your phone that it's always updated. I did it for my D1, but not sure about D4 nor rooted it yet.

Using Titanium Backup, freeze the system application called "Upgrader." Don't freeze "Updater," that is what updates your applications.