Droid 4 or Stratosphere 2?

nickm1983

Reaction score
Upgrade coming up, love my Droid 3 and would like to stay with a slider. I have done my own research, just want to hear some opinions on here. Thanks guys.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Never had experience with stratosphere but love my droid 4 ICS made it even better

synpse

Reaction score
I'm in the same position. Have a DROID 3, but ICS doesn't work too well on it... and no 4G / half gig of RAM... looking for an upgrade. My bday is next week!

Can I ROM/MOD an iPhone? ;) Always have had motorola phones since the v3 RAZR. and the v3i RAZR. hacked the crap outta those back in '04

Benton

Reaction score
The Droid 4 still rocks and frankly in the world of keyboards the D4 rules. The 4G on the phone is solid, battery life is as good as any other 4G smartphone gram for gram, call quality is great and ICS.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Go with the Droid 4 if you need the keyboard. Stay far, far away from the stratosphere. I took the stratosphere as an upgrade, and I regretted it the whole time. My friend that has the Droid 4 LOVES it! I went with the RazrM after I realized that I did not need the keyboard after using Swype. Just stay away from the Strat.

cdipier2

Reaction score
steer clear of the stratopshere 2. i have the original and it sucks, its extremely slow, very buggy and i cant stand the interface. back in july i bought a used d4 and i love it. such a much better phone overall

OP
N

nickm1983

Reaction score
After a lot of research and tried every phone out down at Verizon... I might go with the Razr M... unless a high end slider comes out before then. I love the M's small size, I can't use one of the monsters like the DNA... even the S3 felt big in my hand. Any rumors on new phones that will be out late Feb/early March? I know the day after I buy whatever I buy they will come out with the next version of it =/

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
So you will be fine without the keyboard anymore? If I were you though, i'd just wait it out till the d5 comes out, whenever that may be. D4's keyboard though, superb! ICS ruined my batt when i'm on 4G, but I did foxkat's batt calibration recently and it surprisingly worked. Getting 9-10 hrs now running on 4G with my normal usage. Before that, i'd be happy to get 5 hrs with same usage on 4G. I am finally enjoying this baby even without rooting.

OP
N

nickm1983

Reaction score
I love having a keyboard, since my Env I have had one in one way or another. But I have an Incredible right now as a loaner and I am getting used to it. Even without swype (does it have swype? I don't even know haha) it isn't the worst thing in the world... that being said if the D5 comes out I am def grabbing that. The Razr M is awesome though, perfect size, great specs, etc. I just wish new phone releases weren't so secretive.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Definitely grab the RazrM. Once you use Swype you won't need a keyboard. I understand wanting one. My wife HAD to have one, but once she played around with Swype, she never uses the physical keyboard. She hates how big her phone is because of it now.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Have you tried the Maxx yet? If only D4 has the batt cap as the maxx and a camera of HTC. Haha.