Droid 4 not notifying for new text messages

reichbc

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the problem is because I have apps frozen (it's rooted) but while I go through the list and try to figure out what's causing the problem, I'm submitting this to see if anyone else has any idea which app it could be. Hopefully before I go through the (long) list and figure out what's causing it, someone might know the answer first.

Also, what is "suggestions.apk" (and associated services) and what does it do? Permissions only says read contact data but that's vague as to its function.

EDIT: Found it. Email Engine.apk was the culprit! Still awaiting info on suggestions.apk

Last edited:
Reaction score
suggestions.apk has something to do with the smart actions... it monitors when you put your device on vibrate, when you turn it back up... when you turn wifi/gps/4g on and off (also where for all of these) and then suggests automatically having the phone do it for you

OP
R

reichbc

Reaction score
AH, okay, thanks for that! well at least i know it's another apk i can safely freeze. less nagging, happier me. :biggrin::biggrin:

stromdans

Reaction score
Do you know a way to fix this problem without having rooted the phone? I lost my audible notification fuction recently and can't figure out how to recover it; neither email, task nor text seems to generate an audible notification now.