Droid 4 Leaks: Specs and Comparisons to Droid RAZR and Droid 3; Also VZW Training

akhi216

Reaction score
to be fair, the vast majority of their customers won't be in the market for a new phone for 20-24 months. C'mon, they're only supposed to roll out a new phone every 2 years on your upgrade schedule?!?

They just can't win. People were clamoring for a new slider, many claiming they didn't care about LTE...and 6 months later when they can bring it out with LTE people are upset. People act like a marginal upgrade renders their 6 month old phone a POS.

This.

Gonna get this phone next week for my wife so that she can use the 4gLTE. If it had been out at the time of my Bionic, I probably would have gotten it instead. Consider me oldschool, but I prefer the keyboard to a touchscreen.

I would never use a touchscreen LCD to replace the keyboard on my computer. Give me mechanical keys any day of the week!

What he said.

Wow, this is going to be a tough call. I'd love to have a physical keyboard, but the lack of removable battery and the whole locked bootloader thing is a bummer. It's still probably better to go with the official Google phone for various reasons, but this one sure is tempting. It's going to be tough on me to figure out which one to pick next week!

If it makes your decision any easier consider the fact that although you get a version of Android as soon as it's available, it doesn't necessarily mean that developers will update apps for it right away, which will leave you with nothing more than bragging rights and dysfunctional apps.

Why is everyone complaining because it "only" has a 4 inch screen? Not every phone needs to be huge

This.

0.3" makes that much of a difference? Really?

Also bear in mind that although this has the same hardware specs as the Razr, its very likely that the design is based off the Droid3(Same size screen and nearly identical form factor, only the shape changes to 'match' the Razr), which had the SIM and MicroSD cards internally mounted.

Now to be fair, it also had a removable battery, but as I read in several of the pre-launch Razr threads, its progress in the arena of 'built-in obsolescence'. If you cant replace the battery yourself, its pressure to buy a new phone in 2 years when the battery starts loosing its oomph rather than paying huge fees (if even offered) to have the battery replaced by the factory.

That makes sense considering the fact that the phone is dubbed "Droid 4" rather than something like Droid RAZR Slide/Shift.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they could i bet they would provide a removable battery. i dont think its a conspiracy to get us to buy more phones. Thats just my IMO. I bet you have to make concessions becuase of the thinness in a phone design. No removable battery means no housing the snaps for the removable cover or a slid-able back..

B-Unit

Reaction score
We'll see when it comes out. There is little doubt Droid4 will have a removable back, the question is do they glue the battery in or not.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
We'll see when it comes out. There is little doubt Droid4 will have a removable back, the question is do they glue the battery in or not.
glues not that big of a deal. i dout they soldered that bad boy to the motherboard. if they can get back off, then youll be able to get the battery.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Hmm, just looked thru the iFixit teardown of the Razr, interestingly, if it had a removable back, the battery is pretty simple to remove. 2 screws and the terminals are all that hold it in. Lets hope Droid4 employs a similar 'non-removable' battery. :icon_ lala:

apotheosis415

Reaction score
F*** motorolla!!!

Im going to be on them like white on rice if they release a Droid 4 before the end of the year. 3 months after the D3 comes out they do this?!?! Unreal.

I will never ever ever ever buy another motorola phone every again.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Everyone wait and see if they still have camera issues. The D3 has an unusable camera. Its terribly delayed taking pictures 5 seconds after you hit the shutter. The camcorder does not focus and constantly racks focus and shutters down to black all the time.

Im telling you, WAIT on this. I bought the D3 and have never been angrier at myself for buying a phone on launch day. never again. never