1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 4 - Installing custom ROM, not sure if I have an SD card(?), did my root work?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 5555, Nov 16, 2012.

1. 5555

5555 New Member

- Pretty sure I rooted successfully w/ ICS404root, not sure how to check.

- Can't seem to find my SD card for installing a ROM (eclipse) seems like I don't have one.

I've been attempting to root and install a custom ROM on my Droid 4, mainly because of the massive amount of forced apps with Droid 4; I've read around a lot but am completely stuck. I am pretty sure I rooted successfully w/ ICS404root. I was attempting to install Eclipse (CM for Droid 4 seems to be down everywhere I go). I was using your 'noob guide' w/ pics but I'm not sure how to install from my SD card, or perhaps I don't have one (possible?), I can't select the option to goto my SD card in motocast and I see no way to view what is on it via the Droid itself. Under My Computer I can goto I: MOT but I'm not sure how to access the SD card. I copied the 'recommended files' to MOT (set Droid to mass storage), but I don't know how to install bootstrap. There are a lot of guides I've been reading but I'm completely stumped and have a feeling I'm going to brick the thing if I don't get some advice first.

Thanks
Search tags for this page
custom rom can't access sd card

custom rom droid 4 root from sd card

droid 4 custom rom
droid 4, how to access sd card rom pc
droid x install rom without sd card
eclipse rom wont see sd card
how do you install a custom rom on droid 4
installing custom rom on droid 4