Droid 4 ICS Texting Issues - pic and suggested words

jackiexxx

Reaction score
I recently was updated got the automatic Ice Cream Sandwich update for my Droid 4. On my texts now, it shows a contact picture for whoever I'm texting with. The picture for me is blank. Is there a way to put a picture of myself there so it would show up in the text window?

Also, before the update, when I would text, my phone would suggest words I might want to type next. Like if I typed, "I am on my way", the word "home" would pop up as a suggestion so I could just tap it. It made texting a lot easier and faster. I can't seem to get my phone to do that anymore. It only shows suggestions to complete the current word I'm typing and not the next one. Anyone know if I can get this to come back?

txter

Reaction score
I have a Google Plus account. The profile pix I have for that shows up as my pix in my texts. You may also be able to go into your contacts and create your own contact with your own number. Put a pix for yourself in that and save it. See what happens. I did that too. It makes emailing myself faster...if I want to save something by forwarding it to my own email.
As for the phone knowing which words to predict next, make sure you have your prediction turned on. Maybe because of the update, the phone needs to retrain itself as to knowing how you type.

Last edited:
OP
J

jackiexxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip with Google+! I synched with the Google+ app and now my pic appears. I had previously tried putting myself in as a contact and adding a pic, but that didn't work.

How can I know if I have text prediction turned on? I went to my settings and chose language and input. I don't see anything that mentions text prediction.

txter

Reaction score
Looking myself, I don't see a prediction setting like they had in GB.
Maybe it just does it on its own. Who knows now.
Glad the G+ worked out for ya.

btapia01

Reaction score
I also am not able to use this feature, but when checking it is checked but like un-highlighted.