1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 4 having physical keyboard issues, randomly stops working

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by shwanker81, Nov 23, 2012.

1. shwanker81

shwanker81 New Member

My Droid 4 has a very annoying problem. Every now and then the physical keyboard will stop working. I don't know if I might be clicking something, or if it's a hardware issue. I'm not very phone tech savy, so maybe I am accidentally changing the input method. I have no idea for the life of me how to fix it however. It will be like this for about a week, then it will switch back and I can use the keyboard again.. only to switch back a few days later.

The Problem: The keyboard does not type anything when I push the buttons. But if I type the letter "M" Google maps will pop up, if I type "G" Gmail will pop up, etc etc.

Does anyone know the solution to this? Thank you in advance for your time!!
  2. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE New Member

I've had this once in awhile. It's acting like you're holding down the search button as you type. I've either tried to hit the search button and trigger a shortcut (hold search button and press M for maps), or reboot the phone.

It's a weird quirk that I cannot figure out the cause of. :\
  3. GTStevo

GTStevo New Member

I have the same issue. It happened when I had my Droid2 too.

What I did then was go into settings -> apps -> all apps-> multi touch keyboard, and clear the data and things would work again. However, the Droid 4 doesn't have that app listed. Someone once told me that on the Droid 2 the dictionary would get overloaded or something and cause the physical keyboard to malfunction like this. The on-screen keyboard still works, though. But let's be honest, we didn't get a Motorola Droid phone unless we wanted the physical keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 keyboard

droid 4 keyboard not working

droid 4 keyboard problems

droid 4 keyboard shortcuts

droid 4 keyboard stops working
droid 4 letters
droid 4 physical keyboard
droid 4 problems with keyboard functions not working
droid keyboard randomly quits working
droid+4+keyboard problems