Droid 4 GSM Clarification

s4pphire

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently my Droid 3's keyboard started crapping out and I'm considering the Droid 4. After some searching I gathered that the ICS leak will fully enable the Droid 4's GSM capabilities, however, I'm looking for some clarification about a couple of things:

1: Will a stock Verizon Droid 4 (no unlock) work with a foreign (UK) network assuming I'm using the leaked ICS to enable GSM or would I need to purchase an unlocked Droid 4?

2: Are there any issues, such as 3G not working, poor voice quality etc.?

Thanks for any input, I've searched but couldn't find any definitive answers to the above.

fatihx

Reaction score
there is no unlock for droid4 becaus it is factory unlocked :happy3:..

you can use gsm with ics leak without any problem.. it works like just normal gsm phone for me. i live in germany and use also data connection..

OP
S

s4pphire

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.

Germanguy

Reaction score

you can use gsm with ics leak without any problem.. it works like just normal gsm phone for me. i live in germany and use also data connection..
Did you ever get your data problem fixed? And if so how?

ered

Reaction score

Hi Fatihx,

Are you using a Germany carrier? and does the phone function normally? Gps, Navigation, sms ect ect

fatihx

Reaction score
Did you ever get your data problem fixed? And if so how?

yea i got it finally. it was a silly problem that i have typed all the time wrong apn settings.. :blink:

@ered yes i use a Germany carrier. everything carrer based work form just fine..:happy3:

Germanguy

Reaction score
yea i got it finally. it was a silly problem that i have typed all the time wrong apn settings.. :blink:

@ered yes i use a Germany carrier. everything carrer based work form just fine..:happy3:

Where did you find the correct settings? I am planning to use a Fonic SIM card in Germany which runs on the O2 network.

fatihx

Reaction score
my problem was about apn name , i had written internet.e-plus.net
instead of internet.eplus.net

droiduh

Reaction score

That's funny... I checked my phone and it say LOCKED?

droiduh

Reaction score
Checked it how, and where does it say "Locked"? The normal message would be something like "Subsidy Code" or "Network Unlock Code"
I checked by going to Boost Mode Menu, AP Fastboot, and there the message: Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Am I wrong?

silver6054

Reaction score
I checked by going to Boost Mode Menu, AP Fastboot, and there the message: Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Am I wrong?

This is bootloader locked, which, while very important to many, is nothing to do with the SIM slot being locked to Verizon, which is what was being referred to.

SIM slot locking determines whether a non-Verizon GSM SIM can be used in the phone, and at least at present, it appears that the phone is unlocked for this purpose.