Droid 4 from Verizon.. Can it be used with STRAIGHT Talk??

cfscott129

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4 out of contract with Verizon and would like to switch to Straight Talk and use this phone... Any one know if that's possible??

crabsalt

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4 out of contract with Verizon and would like to switch to Straight Talk and use this phone... Any one know if that's possible??

Would love to hear if you found any updates on this; can't find any threads with answers about Straight Talk that had a helpful answer.

crabsalt

Reaction score
I believe Straight Talk has a list of phones on their website that'll work with their service

Tapped from a Nexus

They do. Its kinda vague afterwards which of the 4 sim cards they supply works though. I have an email into their support that may or may not get a response. Seems to be cut-and-dry when it comes to AT&T and T-Mobile phones, not so much with Verizon. They'll say yes but with a dozen qualifiers. The lack of those among us Droid Verizon users that have switched to Straight Talk makes me cautious. If nothing else, I'll return my Straight Talk package back to Wal-Mart if they don't get back to me.

crabsalt

Reaction score
Here's their answer... in short, it is NO. My 'service provider' is of course Verizon.

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding
to your recent inquiry.

Upon further investigation using the MEID, it shows that your phone is
ineligible with our BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program and we are not
able to activate the phone. In addition, the phones from the service
provider that you have mentioned will not require a SIM card for it to
be used in our system.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our
customer care representatives at 1-855-222-2355. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM
EST.

Thank you for your information. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Straight Talk Wireless

Last edited:

Hikertrash

Reaction score
I plugged the IMEI into Straighttalk's compatibility page and it said yes. I suppose when my contract runs out I'll give it a try. $85 to $45 with more features/service.

Tracfone: BYOP

jlanthripp

Reaction score
I plugged the IMEI into Straighttalk's compatibility page and it said yes. I suppose when my contract runs out I'll give it a try. $85 to $45 with more features/service.

Tracfone: BYOP
Did you ever get a definite result? I'm looking at getting some Droid 4's on eBay for a song, giving them to group of people and putting them on Straight Talk.