Droid 4 Fastboot charging issues

oicacid

Reaction score
Hello All! I've read through some threads and need to post the info and scenario for myself. Currently my battery is hard-wired into a usb cable charging. I recently rooted my android OS and from there liked all the changes so much so I got delete crazy and well disabled some random features within the phone w/o backup, used Titanium app.
So I download new drives and sdlite I think and the something else.. well got it all running was stuck on sbf img. 12/15, the system froze I closed everything tried to start it back up but got stuck in Ap fastboot mode, I can select some options but for the most part everything fails. I'm not yet convinced its bricked. Just It won't charge in the phone so I can't see if I can even program it further waiting for the battery. Any suggestions on that or any of the steps leading up to installing all the drivers back onto the phone would be a great help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do Notallow the battery to remain connected for an extended period of time. From dead, an hour is plenty of time to get the battery back to a charge level sufficient to allow the phone's charging system to properly boot, recognize and charge the battery normally.

Leaving the battery direct connected to the charger for too long can result in a potentially dangerous situation due to overcharging and internal shorting, thermal runaway, explosion and fire.

Once you have a partial charge, disconnect it from the direct charge connection, replace it into the phone, Don't Power Up The Phone, but simply plug in the charger and allow it to boot into charge only mode on its own. Allow it to charge at least to 50%, recommended 70%. Then boot normally and begin the flashing process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
O

oicacid

Reaction score
Leaving the battery direct connected to the charger for too long can result in a potentially dangerous situation due to overcharging and internal shorting, thermal runaway, explosion and fire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well everything worked, externally chagred USB cable hardwired for yeah like an 1hr, it never got warm I checked it frequently. Almost thought it wasn't charging, it was nice of verizon to put two holes so I could wrap the wires into the strip from the battery, also labeled positive and negative cathodes and anodes :) win for VZ.

Used the gingerbread version, .215 had to try a new one since the. 219 froze on SDlite 12/18 on system.img. Since I changed to. 215 everything worked smoothly! Phone is operational, haha got to root it again though everything is wiped! Haha Phone service is out, setup with google voice and sipdroid, wish there was a way for free 3g and 4g lte lolz.
Cheers

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Glad things are working smoothly. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Hopefully you got your issue resolved...

OP
O

oicacid

Reaction score
Yes the issue has been resolved, any ideas on how to go about learning to write or modify the code for this android OS? When you in fastboot essit says Ok to Program so why not I thought, the thing is droid 4 doesn't even have a skin for a custom rom.