Droid 4 Dock mode timeout

duxdad

Reaction score
Upgraded from a Droid 2 to 4. Like the phone but the dock mode screen tmeout is driving me crazy. The dock is connected to charger.
With my Droid 1, when it was in Dock mode for anything including navigation, the screen would stay on. With the Droid 4 it always times out . I could find no option to change the timeout. The Smart Actions there is no option to keep screen on.
It is a real pain when the Dock screen goes off and I have to fumble for the button on the top.
Thanks

Last edited:

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't have this trouble. I am pretty sure that the screen only stays on if the phone is on the charger.

Benton

Reaction score
I am using Lapdock 500 right now but think the dock mode may be the same, if so you can try this. Go to the "gear" at the top of the screen and select Screen Saver & Sleep. Set the dock and sleep settings to your preferences.

OP
D

duxdad

Reaction score
Solved

I brought the dock and phone into the house to troubleshoot. I attached a USB cable from my desktop to power it and guess what, no screen timeout.
It turned out to be the Moto car charger I was using. I charged OK but however the phone detects for the screen timeout, was not working. Changed the charger to a new Verizon one I recently purchased on Ebay.
All is well!
Thanks for all your help. It takes a village :)