Droid 4 Contacts Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by deltaskye, Jan 8, 2014.

1. kwyrt

kwyrt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I also found this youtube video that shows the process. It's for the razr on ICS rather than the D4 on JB but it should still be mostly the same process. Maybe you can find a clue from there what might be going wrong.

2. deltaskye

deltaskye New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll explore your suggestions further when I get a break - thank you! - but a partial response:

I followed the instructions from the utility download host (the mirror site), which told me to put the files on my desktop, then extract two of the files (i.e.g, DRIVERS/Motorola End User Driver Installation...), then execute another unzipped file called WindowsUtility.bat. This last file launches the utility-install activity.

So I believe all the unzipped files are on my desktop. Should they be extracted to the Droid?

3. kwyrt

kwyrt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The files should be extracted to your desktop, not the D4. I just downloaded and extracted the file myself. I don't see anything else that should need extracted or anything. As long as the windowsutility.bat is in the same folder as the rest of the files it should work correctly. Are you extracting the files to your desktop directly or to a folder on your desktop. I always extract to a folder on my desktop. Not really sure if that should make a difference though. I am uploading a screenshot of what it should look like after everything is extracted. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7b-GHsfi-jvZmFsSHZaVk54QWc/edit?usp=sharing

4. kwyrt

kwyrt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    So I royally screwed up my D4 yesterday afternoon. Tried to restore a stock backup that ended with the phone not even booting. LOL So, I got to try out the ole D4 utility I linked you to. And I got the same error!!! I'm not and expert but neither am I a newb when it comes to that stuff and I could not figure out why it keeps throwing that error. So, unfortunately, I am not going to be able to be much help with that. I was able to use RSDlite to fastboot the phone. Unfortunately that does not give you the option to not wipe your data. So, I can walk you through that if you want. But if you're going to wipe your data partition you might as well try a factory reset first.

Search tags for this page
contacts stop working on android phone

droid 4 stopped working

droid contacts have stopped working
droid razr contacts stopped working error
droid stopped working
motorola contacts stopped working verizon
motrola droid x contacts stop working
my contacts have stopped working on my droid
my drive stopped working on my dtoid
why has contacts stopped working