Droid 3 won't connect to computer

MrJack919

Reaction score
I was trying to connct my droid 3 to my windows xp 32 bit laptop, and all it did was charge. I have USB debugging turned on, and nothing shows up in the notification bar, and I have already tried unmounting and mounting the ad card, and restarting my phone. And help???

REMilk

Reaction score
I have 2 suggestions.

1. Ensure you are using the correct USB cable. I have found cabled that do not work with the Droid. One example is the USB cable for the LG ENV3.

2. When your Droid3 is connected to the PC, pull down the status/notification bar and tap the USB icon. Select the action you want for the connection.

Bob

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MrJack919

Reaction score
That is probably my problem, considering i am using an lg cable. is there any place i can buy a motorola cable?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Monoprice.com has the cables you are looking for. Reasonably priced as well!

JKuz72

Reaction score
You need to make sure the USB cord that you are using is a Motorola Cable. You also need to make sure this cable is capable of transfering Data. I bought a brand new cable on EBay for $1.75 and it works great. Hope this helps

-Jon

mikesalada

Reaction score
Thanks for this advice

You need to make sure the USB cord that you are using is a Motorola Cable. You also need to make sure this cable is capable of transfering Data. I bought a brand new cable on EBay for $1.75 and it works great. Hope this helps

-Jon

Wow, this works. I was of the impression that these USB connectors were universal. Surprise, surprise, surprise. I had my old phone's charger/connector set-up at my desktop computer and the Motorola set that was provided with the phone was in my car. Once I connected the Motorola cord up between the phone and the PC, everything worked as it should.

Simple solutions are always welcome.

Thanks a lot!

-Mike