Droid 3, Wiimote, N64oid. How do I make them work together? o.O

Rocket_Grunt_Darien

Reaction score
kay i have a Droid 3, Stock obviously since it's not rooted yet and i want to replay some N64 games on my 60" i already had the Wiimote so i downloaded N64oid (2.1) and WiimoteController (0.65b) and i was able to get the Wiimote paired but when i got into N64oid, went into "Other settings" > checked "Use input method" it won't let me map out the keys. i thought it might have been a version compatibility version but when i downloaded Gameboid from SlideME it had the same issue. could anyone else tell me about their experience with this on their Droid 3 and tell me if there's a way to fix it?

seanwetzel

Reaction score
Same problem with Droid X2 and Emulators / Wiimote

I am having the same issue. I didnt have it with my Droid X, but I do now have this issue with my Droid X2

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I have problems getting n64oid to work in the first place. I got v2.0, and it has random flashing colors, along with the fact that Super Smash Bros doesn't even go past the main menu.

Dmw017

Reaction score
I have problems getting n64oid to work in the first place. I got v2.0, and it has random flashing colors, along with the fact that Super Smash Bros doesn't even go past the main menu.
Discussed that in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-apps/166377-n64oid-crashing-upon-rom-load.html
Basically it seems the Droid 3's PowerVR SGX 540 GPU isn't compatible with N64oid because it requires OpenGL ES 2.1 or higher, unless you set the GFX in the advanced settings to the old plugin, which runs slower and doesn't render everything properly.

OP
R

Rocket_Grunt_Darien

Reaction score
i just downloaded Real64 (2.2.3) and it looks just fine but i'm still having problems with the wiimote. what IME app are you guys using?

OP
R

Rocket_Grunt_Darien

Reaction score
neither did i on my Droid 2 but i hadn't used it on that for a very long time since there was no HDMI mirroring and it didn't really appeal to me to use the wiimote.

Dmw017

Reaction score
N64oid works great now on the D3 with its latest update btw.
I tried using Wiimote Connector or something along those lines but it didnt work with any emulator I had. I don't think the D3 is capable of using a wiimote maybe?

divadthegreat

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the wiimote on my droid bionic. The wiimote is connecting fine to my phone but n64oid doesn't pick up the inputs.