Droid 3 "webtop"?

leobg

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, D3 lacks webtop support.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

darkmatter

Reaction score
however, someone here did connect a bluetooth mouse to their d3, and got a cursor. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on the way. If it works the way I think it will(along with hdmi mirroring), it could be a desktop replacement, lol. It may not be a webtop device, but I think the drivers are there for device support, if not the webtop itself.

leobg

Reaction score
however, someone here did connect a bluetooth mouse to their d3, and got a cursor. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on the way. If it works the way I think it will(along with hdmi mirroring), it could be a desktop replacement, lol. It may not be a webtop device, but I think the drivers are there for device support, if not the webtop itself.

It was me. As soon as you get the mouse attached, you get a black mouse cursor on the top left corner. The not so good thing is Android isn't really designed to be controlled by mouse. But it works and especially for clicking links in browser, it is great.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I wonder then, how apple's magic trackpad would work. I'm not about to spend $70 to find out though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
pistacio

pistacio

Reaction score
That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

Sandfish

Reaction score
Hello all together,

I'm one of the rare lucky guys in Germany that own a Motorola Droid 3 cell (as it wasn't officially sold here and I had to import that phone from the US).
I furthermore bought a Motrola Atrix Lapdock that only costs ~70€ atm at Amazon.de. A friend and I "hacked" the device by flipping the connectors around and using a Dremel to customize the device.
(If anyone wants to hack a Lapdock for the Droid 3 I'm free for questions). The Lapdock now works perfect with the Droid 3 (keyboard, touchpad, speakers and USB connectors).

Now I would like to use the phone as a webtop as soon as it is connected to the Lapdock. I tried the free version of Nebtop app and no "webtop" appeared in the default actions menu. As I read this software is only for phones that already have webtop support. Nebtop only seems to be for enabling webtop support for every HDMI connection other than a connection to the Lapdock.

But the official source code of the webtop app from Motorola can be found on sourceforge. So it should be possible to compile it for the Droid 3. Is anyone able to do that?
A manual can be found on the sourceforge site. Sadly I'm not that good in Linux.
Or does anyone else have something like the webtop app for the Droid 3? I also read about "Ubuntu for Android" but doesn't seem to be released yet.

Thank you in advance

p.s. I know cross-posting sucks but I will also ask on androidpit (German Android community) and hope that's okay ;)