Droid 3 vs thunderbolt

blazednova

Reaction score
i couldn't be happier with my thunderbolt, pure sense 3.0 and some of the best devs in the world... need i say more...

Droid592

Reaction score
TB rooted plus 4G there is no comparison that's all I got to say

Sent From My Rooted HTC Thunderbolt

turdbogls

Reaction score
D3 is nice and all, but i would go TB all the way. That is just me though. I don't need a keyboard, and all the negatives about the screen were true, that screen really sick. Also battery life is no big deal to me. Give me the TB

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Its mostly preference, but the Droid 3 wins big time IMO.

Higher resolution screen, more reasonable price, 5 row keyboard, global, latest version of Android, 1080p video recording, Dual OMAP4 processor, and FAR superior battery life.

As much as I loved my 4G on the TB, whats the point if you can't make it through a half a day without an extended battery?

And the new version of Blur is much better than Sense 2.x IMO.
Id take Sense 3.0 over it, but the TB still doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Ambushbug

Reaction score
As some others have said, it's a matter of what's important to you in a phone. For me the killing blow for the Droid3 is that it's made by Motorola. After they came out with the Droid2 and then less than two months later discontinued it I was through with them. The only good thing that came out of that phone is that after arguing with Verizon about it they gave me an early upgrade which I used to get my fiancee's T-Bolt.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
As some others have said, it's a matter of what's important to you in a phone. For me the killing blow for the Droid3 is that it's made by Motorola. After they came out with the Droid2 and then less than two months later discontinued it I was through with them. The only good thing that came out of that phone is that after arguing with Verizon about it they gave me an early upgrade which I used to get my fiancee's T-Bolt.

What do you mean "discontinued" it?
Didn't they just give the Droid 2 Global instead?

Ambushbug

Reaction score

What do you mean "discontinued" it?
Didn't they just give the Droid 2 Global instead?

No, at least not at first they didn't. Eventually they did offer the D2 Global but to be honest by that point we really weren't interested in another Motorola product. She just went back to using her old phone which irritated me.

After the T-Bolt was released I called and explained the situation and the problems with the D2 and we didn't want a D2 global. We were offered an early upgrade but was told we couldn't use it for a 4G phone or an Iphone because it was slated to go 4G. My argument at that point was even though you are giving me an early upgrade, which we appreciate, if we are still going to have to come out of pocket for part of the cost of a new phone I want to get the device I want. It took 17 phone calls until I finally got a level one tech support person of all things who said sure, I don't see any reason you can't get a T-Bolt with your upgrade.

Got off topic, but the point for us and Motorola is it was just a bad experience, neither of the two we had ever worked right. And even though they put out a comparable device in the D2 Global I still thought it was weird to drop a device in less than two months.