Droid 3 vs Bionic

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The d3 keyboard is great, but the bionic has twice the ram and is a 4GLTE device. If you can go without a keyboard i would go with the bionic without a doubt.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Bionic: More RAM, Bigger Screen, 4G LTE, Bigger Battery (could be about the same due to 4G draining it faster)
Droid 3: Great physical keyboard, smaller screen, (some people would rather a smaller screen) screen would be sharper due to smaller size (barely noticeable though) 3G network wouldn't affect the battery as much...

Overall, I would say the Bionic. But if you are like me and think that 4G isn't worth the extra price and you basically would die for a good physical keyboard, the Droid 3 is for you.

OP
K

krammer66

Reaction score
Thanks

I want the phone basically for my computer business as for contacts and remotely connecting to my computer at home. I don't text message, lol 1 out 100,000,000 users that do not use this program. But hey thanks for replying....

patfactorx

Reaction score
The Bionic's ram can't be accessed outside of webtop mode.

But yeah it comes down to if u want a keyboard or not. I use the keyboard every hour so I need a keyboard

volando

Reaction score
If you're still shopping around for a new phone - neither. Get a Nexus Droid Prime if you're on Verizon (October). Get a Samsung Galaxy GS2 if you're on any other carrier.

Their specs are better in literally every single respect (unless you really need a physical keyboard). Google it, seriously. Also the GS2/Prime is the first Android device to actually provide hardware UI acceleration, meaning our interface is finally going to catch up to iOS levels of smootheness

Motorola messed up with pentile screens, locked bootloaders and outdated technology :(

(I'm still on the OG Droid)

darkmatter

Reaction score
If you're still shopping around for a new phone - neither. Get a Nexus Droid Prime if you're on Verizon (October). Get a Samsung Galaxy GS2 if you're on any other carrier.

Their specs are better in literally every single respect (unless you really need a physical keyboard). Google it, seriously. Also the GS2/Prime is the first Android device to actually provide hardware UI acceleration, meaning our interface is finally going to catch up to iOS levels of smootheness

Motorola messed up with pentile screens, locked bootloaders and outdated technology :(

(I'm still on the OG Droid)

I don't understand how people can still mark the d3 screen as a negative. And outdated? Its running the same chipset as the bionic, and its been named as the next soc of choice over nvida's chips.

And is the gs2 really that much better? Lower screen resolution and simply higher clock speed, of course its going to bench higher. Last I heard the SGS2 was coming to the US with TEGRA2, has this changed?

Sent from my phiremod for Nook using Tapatalk

hansomehy

Reaction score
1.if you need a physical keyboard,of course you will choose Droid 3.
2.CPU,RAM is important, but they are not the most important, Galaxy 2 maybe better on this point,but most time you don't need so powerful hardware.
3.Galaxy 2 and bionic and Droid 3 are in the same level. try to find the one auto fit you.

Gobrian

Reaction score
whats wrong with pentile? i like mine
its rooted
and isn't OMAP4 supposed to be the platform on which they are building Ice Cream Sandwich and hence, will be optimized of it?

The lack of ram cannot be argued against tho

LT*

Reaction score
whats wrong with pentile? i like mine
its rooted
and isn't OMAP4 supposed to be the platform on which they are building Ice Cream Sandwich and hence, will be optimized of it?

The lack of ram cannot be argued against tho

I honestly have never had an issue with the RAM the D3 has.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
whats wrong with pentile?

Nothing. I thought people were just being picky, but in the end I have to believe people are just trying to sound like they know something and the only way they can think of to do that is to gripe about something they know little about.

Okay, fine, it doesn't look as good as my LED HDTV and there is more banding in some wallpaper images than in my old D1. But those have nothing to do with my needs, don't show up in pictures (I.E. It isn't the screen but the color space of the desktop), and can be mitigated by properly optimizing your wallpaper.

The screen itself rocks. Color fidelity is superior to AMOLEDs that I've seen, it can be seen in direct sunlight, and it sips from your battery--unlike others.

Now, we need to take a step back from the thread-jack brink and ask ourselves, are we going to allow these Pentile jihadists keep us from pointing out for the nth time that the keyboard rules?

Last edited: