droid 3 touch screen does not work after screen times out???

mike387

Reaction score
Need help when my screen times out and I turn it back on the touchscreen does not work so I can't unlock my phone. The only way I can acces my phone is to remove the battery and restart it without letting the screen time out. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for your help

sealsareus

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. The only slight fix i've found is to open the slider turn the screen off with the power button and turn it back on then my touch screen usually works. Idk what the issue is

g00fy

Reaction score
My droid 3 just started pulling the same crap yesterday... out of the blue the touch screen started getting a little weird, then yesterday it started doing the exact same thing. When I restart the phone the touch screen works fine, but the moment I shut the screen off or it times out, the touch screen goes dead and I can't do anything.

sealsareus

Reaction score
Yeah I've had phones start to lose it and jitter or mess up selecting things but not like this. Like a software problem but factory reset doesn't help

g00fy

Reaction score
I ordered a new digitizer so i'm going to try that next week... For now i'm bringing my phone back to verizon, even though it's out of warranty maybe there's something they can do with the software that'll straighten this out.

bwebber

Reaction score
Just ran into the same problem with my D3. The screen has now lost all touch responsiveness. Factory reset did not fix the issue. Any update on whether the new digitizer solved the issue?

Reaction score
I had this problem on my recent d3 (my 6th) and I had to send my phone back to verizon for my 7th remanufactured replacement phone. The replacement they sent me had a software issue that it wouldn't give me my usb options when plugging into the computer...tried everything, eventually I send that phone back. I get my new phone today and whoopdidoo it feels like the spacebar is going out already

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
Sound like my phone! And that is just one of the many problems with this phone. My keyboard doesnt work well and apps dont open.