Droid 3 system dump

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
never had a D2 so that I don't know but I can assure you, you will A LOT more room using this physical keyboard over both the D1 and D2, the keyboard is very nice on the D3

yea! this is going to be fun!

is the qwerty keyboard the same layout from droid2 ?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wallpapers, ringtones, and for themers, potentiality a theme for a ROM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Big,

generally the system dump is most helpful initially for other phones. It allows folks to pull wallpapers, ring tones, graphics etc. to try on other phone.

I guess apps would be next, again to let folks try the "new" things on other phones. Eventually the aps get pulled apart potentially for use on this phone, as modifications or eventually to theme etc.

At the development level, the developers share these dumps from all of the phones that get released as a way to try and pick and choose what can be modded, sometimes to fix something broken on another phone, perhaps grab a library or OS file that can help get a developer over a hump on another device. A good example might be to snag audio files or drivers to help make the FM radio work on another device for which the necessary files may be missing, but the hardware is in place. The fm is not specific to the D3, just an example that has been done in the past.

Generally the sharing of these files across all devices allows developers a way to pick and choose through the files to see if they can get help, or make mods, for this phone or other phones.

Craig

woeisme111

Reaction score
zumocast on DROID2 ?

dancedroidI am very new to this whole own your phone to your fullest potential thing and I really dig it. Everywhere I've read online says Zumocast is just for DROID3 it even says this on the Zumocast website. But I downloaded the DROID3 system dump to my DROID2 and installed Zumocast on my phone and itt works perfectly. How is this possible? I have Gingerbread if that makes any difference but I still don't understand if its only being released on the DROID3 why it would work on the DROID2? Again I'm new to this so if I sound uninformed its because I am ;)dancedroid

Last edited:

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They don't to support older phones. Probably only requires Blur Frameworks to work.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

oz73942

Reaction score
lol, yes but those are mostly files for themers, I haven't taken the time to yet, just was seeing if anyone else did to save me time! lol :p

anyone pull apart the blur and steal the icons/dock yet?

Umm aren't you the dev here? ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Hello woodyman, read over at xda that you might be working on a droid 3 root. Just wanted to confirm so that i could donate.

Thank you

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Suscribed.

So I have a D1, can I get the boot animation and the icons ported? I've tried installing the zip files, but nothing happens.

Last edited: